Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Good Day For Memories

October 27, 2011

Tis a bit gray and wet here but it's a good morning anyway.  I'm here.  That's always a good sign that it's a good morning.  As long as I have life in me, it's definitely a good morning. 

I must tell you that I started this post about two hours ago and then I got sidetracked.  I had made a new rose photo art and while I was deciding whether to post it today or wait, a lot of memories came flooding back.  So I brought the photo art up in to Photoshop and used it as a background for the memories.  I call this "Roses In December".


Left to right, Michael has been gone since November, 2007;  my brother Artie, October, 2010; and my daughter Kerri Anne, February 2005.  The losses have been quite heavy, but oh, the memories are so sweet.  

The other day I had stopped to take some photos of the sky.  It was filled with such gorgeous fluffy white clouds that I just coulnd't resist. 


While I was shooting these photos, I tried once again to photograph the sun.  I have never been able to get a good shot of the sun because it is so bright.  But this time, I was armed with some new ideas that I learned in Hummie's Photo Class about Spot Metering and Exposure Lock.  So here is the same sky with a fantastic sun.


Tell me, isn't this really cool?  My secret?  Just before shooting the photo, focus on something darker (the ground or a dark wooden post) while holding the shutter button halfway down to lock the exposure, then re-focus on the sun and press the shutter button all the way down.  Voila!  A fantastico sun!

This is just not my morning for posting.  In between uploading these two photos, someone knocked on my door and Tootsie gave me a gift in the form of something odorous on the scatter rug out in the laundry room.  So now I had to tend to the person at the door, clean up this most wonderful gift, sweep the floor, put down a new scatter rug, and then pop the soiled rug into the washing maching. 

This is probably a good time for me to finish up here, and see about some lunch for my adorable Tootsie.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

Roses in December is beautiful, Edna! I knew who everyone was from knowing you through your blog and I could feel all the warmth of your memories in your art. :)

Fantastic picture of the sun! Love the way it flares.

i have to get back to my chores now!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

That layout is beautiful. Yes, it's sad to part from loved ones, but as you say, we still have the memories, and we must hold on to them, cause they are precious.
Oh that naughty Tootsie again! She knows how to keep you busy!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I love the sun photo. Your memory one is very sweet. I was just talking with a friend yesterday about how it seems someone dear is always leaving us in one way or another. But we need to remember the new people that come into our lives also that balance it out. You have remembered them in a wonderful way.