Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's "Dunkin" Time

August 27, 2011

Here we go again.  It's 3:40 am, and I've been up since 1:30 am when a rather horrid little dwarf woke me from my badly needed sleep.  He called me on the phone from outside saying that he had lost his keys and could not get in the house.  I told him to go away.  (not really, but I wanted to!)  He was rather obnoxious when I let him in so I don't think he will be here much longer.  We do not need this type of person in our home.

So far, I've cleaned up the kitchen, washed the dishes from last night, and made a whole new batch of baggies filled with water to put in the freezer.  I put a big batch in the new freezer last night, and they were already frozen so I moved them to the refrigerator's freezer to make room for more.  I'm not counting on losing the electric power, but it can't hurt to be ready.

Eddie will be picking me up in a few hours so that we can go buy me a new sump pump for the basement.  If I can find a generator that I can afford I will buy that too.  It can't hurt to be prepared for this storm and any future storms.  At the least, we are expecting a lot of heavy rain and wind.

I've been following the weather channel and the hurricane reports, and it's looking like it has already hit (or is about to hit) the southern Virginia area with lots of wind and rain.  There are also some tornado threats in that area.  Daughter number one lives in that area, and I'm hoping everyone there is okay.

Folks, as long as we have electric power and cell towers I will be posting and updating here about the hurricane.  If I don't post all day, it just means that we have lost our power or a cell tower has been blown down.  However, I'm not anticipating anything like that. 

The hurricane has been downgraded to a category one, but the wind and water damage will still be tremendous wherever it strikes.  This baby is going all the way up the coast to Maine.  (if it stays on track)  The eastern coast of North Carolina is expected to get over a foot of rain from this storm.

The one good thing I'm noticing is that a lot of the shelters are allowing people to bring their pets with them.  IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!  Our fur babies are very precious and should not be left behind!!

Okay now.  How about some cute photos from our outing at the park.  I call this first photo "Double Dunkin" and the second photo is called "Group Dunkin".  But then if you look at the last photo, you'll see that it's really "Pond Dunkin" time.  I have no clue what these geese are dunking for or why they are doing it in such a large group but they seem to be having a grand time.




Update -- some parts of North Carolina have already lost their power, and it looks like this will be happening quite frequently all the way up the coast as the storm moves north.  I've seen a lot of hurricanes in my lifetime, but I can't remember ever seeing one as big as this one. 

Well, I'm starting to get really tired.  Maybe I can try to catch a nap for a couple of hours.  Gee, that would be so nice!! So I think Tootsie and I will trudge back to our comfy little bed and try to catch up with the Sandman.  Till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Cris said...

I wish you that everything will be ok and that the hurricane will not be so dangerous as we expect to be. God bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Its Me !! The time is about 12:30 just finished lunch, we still have power at the moment. that i'm sure will change soon!! We are ok !! Love You !!!
Audrey

smiekeltje said...

WE HAVE UPDATES ON THE HURRICANE ALSO EVERY DAY AND IT DOESN;T SEEM TO BE A NICE ONE AT ALL. I SO HOPE THE FORCE OF IT WILL DIMINISH QUICKLY, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE MUCH TROUBLE OF IT. MOTHER NATURE PREPARES SOMETIMES NASTY SURPRISES FOR US.
STAY SAFE.
HUGS
KYRA