Thursday, August 4, 2011

Four And Twenty Blackbirds, Baked In A Pie!

August 4, 2011

It's another gorgeous morning here in New England, not quite 8 a.m. and still comfy cool.  Actually, you can from feel the change in the air that it is August.  It's not quite so hot, and there's usually a little breeze of sorts.  This is probably the best summer month to take a vacation.

Yesterday was a busy day, meeting and greeting new dwarfs and getting the rooms ready for them.  Today, I must go shopping to pick up a couple of small rugs for the rooms, and maybe fresh curtains for one of them.  Eddie has finished repairing the hallway walls, so he will probably be able to get them painted today.  Things are shaping up here.  (Thank goodness!)

Is it just here or have any of you noticed the abundance of black birds this year?  As soon as we put fresh birdseed in the feeders, the black birds come in droves.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind feeding them some of the seed, but they don't stop until it's all gone.  My regular birds are looking a bit leaner.  I tried not filling the feeders for a day or two to see if the black birds would go elsewhere, but it did not work.  Plus, I felt bad when the little sparrows would sit on the hedge outside my window and stare at the empty feeder.  The answer?  I give in and fill the feeders.

Have you been to Minky's blog to read about her birthday challenge?  She has a lovely little kit for you to download to use in your layout, and some really nice gifts for those who enter.  Here is a preview of my layout.


Now I must get busy and tend to Tootsie's meds.  She's lying here really really quiet, hoping that I will forget about the meds.  lol.  Then, there is laundry to do.  Hmmmm.  Always something!  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Yes Edna, we are doomed to notive that there is always something to do LOL!
What a lovely layout you've made for Minky's challenge!
Take care, and have a great day! And a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Kyra