Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Have An Extra Bar Of Soap If You Want It!

August 28, 2011

Good morning.  First let me say thank you for caring and wishing us safely through the storm.  Although it's quite soggy outside right now, it's really quite nice if you like playing in the rain.  Want to have some fun?  If it's raining where you are, put on a tank top and a pair of shorts (or a bathing suit) and grab a bar of soap and get outside.  Be a child again!! 

When we were little kids, we all used to play out in the summer rain and wash up at the same time.  I wonder why kids don't get to have this kind of fun anymore.  I suggested that the dwarfs might want to do this, and they gave me a rather funny look like "Are you nuts?"  Folks, this is a nice cool, refreshing rain that is falling.  At least in between the downpours. 

All through the night and this morning so far, we have been getting bands of downpours that you can't see through so good, and a few wind gusts here and there.  The worst will be here in a while, but it might not be too bad.  We mostly have to worry about flooding, loss of power, and lots of trees and branches coming down. 

I spoke with Audrey (my daughter in Virginia) a little while ago, and she says they are still without power.  Their cell phone service went down early yesterday, and came back on around 3 a.m. this morning.  A utility pole broke and came crashing down in their backyard, and thankfully missed both their shed and their house.  Must have been an angel guiding that pole down.

So far, 11 people have died from the storm.  The waves along the coastline are wicked huge!  I have to say that as dangerous as this storm is, those waves roaring in and crashing on the coast are really quite awesome to look at.  Dangerous, but awesome!!

Let's lighten things up with some fun photos of  dragonflies. 





Now I'm going to make another cup of coffee, and give Tootsie her meds.  She will be happy to know that I will be staying home with her tonight.  My car is safely tucked in between the shed and the house, and so far all is well here.  The center of the storm is now overhead New York, so it should be here soon.  Stay well everyone and be careful.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a good day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

We just finally got a good and lasting Internet connection today. The Internet at our hotel in Buffalo is flaky! Irene diverted our destinations a bit for vacation, but since we did NPOT go to New York City, we are safe and dry too. Coolish and gray in Buffalo.

I’m so glad all is well with you and a big thank you upstairs for that pile just beating up Audrey’s yard! I’m glad you’ll be home with Tootsie tonight, Stay safe!!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

So good to hear you are okay. Still one has to be careful for the storm, although it might disappear slowly, the force is still huge.
But you're all safe, and I am sure Tootsie is delighted that you will be home during the night.
Awesome pics of the dragonfly!!
Have a quiet day,
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I've never bathed in the rain - never thought of it. We used to do this in the lake or river, but not the rain. It makes so much sense I'm disappointed in myself for not seizing this opportunity - but the year's not done yet! Great dragonflies!