Thursday, August 11, 2011

Big Splashes

August 11, 2011

Good morning on this very pretty sunny day.  Last night the weather man said that the next few days would be super "after all the rain lately."  I'm wondering just what brand he smokes.  In my little part of the world, we are wondering where the "all the rain lately" part happened.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.  We did have a bit of a downpour last Monday, and a few sprinkles here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.

A bit of good news, my grandson started his new job yesterday.  Last night, he came home a very happy camper, all excited about the great day he had at work.  I may not have mentioned, but he moved in here last week, and it's so good to have him here.

Yesterday, my arm was still very painful and large where I had got the shot.  I called the doctor's office, and was told to "put ice on it once in a while, and try taking Tylenol for the pain.  If the swelling hasn't gone down by Friday, give us a call.  Your doctor won't be here, but you can see the on-call doctor."  These instructions came after I had already told the nurse that I had taken Aleve and put ice on my arm.  It kind of makes me wonder which one of us needs to go back to school.

This morning, a lot of the pain has subsided, but the top of my arm is still very red and swollen.  If I had a medical degree, I might be a bit concerned about this reaction to the shot seeing as how I had the same shot a few years ago and did not have a reaction to it.  But then, I do not have a medical degree.

Today, I have a couple photos of  waves from when Tootsie and I went to Nantasket Beach.  When an incoming wave meets an outgoing wave, they make a beautiful splash.



Aren't they pretty?  There is so much beauty in nature, you don't have to go far to find it.  If you have a camera, you should try to take at least one photo every day.  Take pictures of whatever is around you, and later when you look through all your photos, you might be surprised at all the beauty surrounding you.

That's all for today.  I have laundry to catch up, and maybe a bit of vacuuming.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Isn't it nice to be told what to do with your arm, when you have already done that???? ROFL.
But aisde joking, I hope your arm will be better very soon.
How nice to have your grandson around! Wish him very good luck in his new job!
Now you take care.
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Kyra

gypsymonkeyscrap said...

Gorgeous photos!