Friday, April 1, 2011

Mother Nature Is Enjoying April Fool's Day

April 1, 2011

Good morning!!  Yesterday afternoon the snow started falling from the heavens here in my little part of New England.  It wasn't very heavy, but it was falling at a nice steady clip.  And to think, we had just uncovered all of my new little plants that were coming up to greet the sun. 

Before the snow came, I did get out to do some errands.  First I had to pick up and pay for Tootsie's new dog tag.  Phew!!  If I had waited one more day, I would have had to pay a $25.00 fine.  So much for waiting till the last day!  Then I kept my appointment with the accountant.  At the moment, it looks as though I brought everything that I needed for him to make out my tax forms.  Gosh, I sure hope so.  But at least I can breathe easier now that I have that out of the way.

Once I got home, and the snow started falling, I think I lost most all of my little brain marbles.  I was so happy to have the hard part of the taxes behind me that I forgot to go to work.  My my, what a surprise when my boss called me later to find out what happened and why I did not show up  for work.  DUH!

I do have a few photos of our Spring snow.  This first photo was taken shortly after the snow started.  The second photo shows some of my tulips that are coming up.  The third photo was taken out my window showing the new snow on my hedge, and the last photo was taken this morning and shows what we have so far.  The weatherman says we have a mix of snow, rain and wind coming for today, and more snow showers coming tonight.  Gee, I can't wait!!!





I am learning some new things here on Blogger, however, it's not really coming too easy.  Sort of hit and run.  I wish Blogger had an online help with real people.  I'm not crazy for these help forums where you type in your problem, and who knows if it will ever get answered.  I'm not the smartest when it comes to tecky type problems. 

The weather channel is saying that Spring is here, and they are showing beautiful spring flowers growing somewhere (they're just not saying where!).  Boo Hoo!  Mine are just little green things shivering in the new snow.  (I'll bet those pictures came from somewhere like Florida!!!)

Ah well, it's lunch time now, so I'm off to see what Tootsie and I will be having.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a funtastic day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

There should be a holiday for doing taxes, where everyone just does tax stuff and after it's done, you get a glass of wine or hot cocoa and that's a day! I've been on the phone with my brother many times lately just talking taxes, we have so much to do for Grandma's estate. We're both looking forward to just calling each other without tax-talk!

It's so sad to see your blooming flowers in snow! Haven't you had enough in New England this ear? I mean, really!

We're watching the game on ESPN right now. Maybe the real Spring will come with Opening Day at Fenway! I hope you thaw out and stay that way for a good several months soon!

Hugs, Nani

dmb said...

Edna,

You might take a look at http://knownissues.blogspot.com/ -- not much there, but there are March postings about common issues everyone seems to be having. also. some good stuff about multiple photos (which you seem to have conquered) and spacing issues with new updates.at http://knownissues.blogspot.com/ (same site) but look under "Something is Broken" I was able to help Marty with similar problems he was having.

I agree, that google should have come up with a new update tutorial for all the changes that they have made. Looks like they are still working out the kinks.

Hope this is helpful, Donna