Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting Excited About New Plants

April 6, 2011

It's a beautiful sunny morning here, even though the wind is still blowing quite a bit.  I think Tootsie and I will get outside for a while today and enjoy the sun.

I need to pick up some larger pots for a couple of my plants, and then I need to call about getting an estimate for the loam and grass seed.  Next week, the mailman should be bringing a couple of the new plants that I already ordered for the yard.  Here are a couple of pictures of them that I took off the web order page.  The first is Hydrangea that display many different colors, and the second is Pink Ornamental Grass. 




This is just the start.  I want to put new hedge plants in the bald spots in the hedge, and I want lots of flowers.  I want to plant a few things to entice butterflies and hummingbirds too.  Ah, so much to do, but it feels good.  I would really love to put in a little fish pond too, but then I would probably have a lot of nude squirrels sunbathing by it all day long.  What a sight that would be!!!

There's not much more going on here, so I think I'll get dressed now and start my day while the sun is still here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What zone are you in? I would love some of that pink ornamental grass since deer don't bother the grasses...go figure. We are a zone 4. Would those grow here. I love the image of naked squirrels laying by the side of the pond. I might have to work on that idea.

The Queen Jester said...

Okay, I must have hit something wrong - I'm not anonymous....I am the Queen!

smiekeltje said...

Those hydrangeas look great. They say, that if you want to keep the blue colour you'll have to put some rusty nails or whatever rusty iron you have in the soil near the roots. I've found an interesting post about it, here is the link
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/901641/how_to_keep_blue_hydrangeas_blue.html?cat=32

And that grass looks really amazing, I want to have that LOL!!!!!Must look it up to find also the Latin name for it and then see if it's sold here.
You are right to choose for a lot of flowers, they always make you feel better.
I can picture some naked squirrels sunbading at the pond, whoooooooo!

Found you a nice site too about plants for butterflies. Link:
http://butterflywebsite.com/butterflygardening.cfm

Well, I've given you enough to read I suppose.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Anonymous said...

I think that is clued Muhly grass.