Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Great Day To Be Outdoors

April 9, 2009

Gosh, April just got here, and already more than a week is gone!!  How come Winter didn't go this fast?  It's amazing how Spring and Fall sort of zip in and out of our lives so quickly.  Summer comes in hot and humid, followed by a never ending Winter.  Looking on the bright side, I guess I can live with it as long as I'm here and breathing. 

Today, I have one last starter pot to set up, and all my "pre-planting" will be done.  (At least I think so.)  I have to get the cucumbers planted in their hanging pot.  My new hanging pots came with dehydrated planting medium cakes.  You put them in water and let them set overnight.  Next day, you have a large pan full  of planting medium.  Amazing.  I first heard of something like this from Kyra, and now I can see for myself.  I think these are a great way of buying this stuff.

After doing a load of wash, I think Tootsie and I will go out and get some fresh air.  Maybe we'll take a ride to see if the local flea market is open yet.  I used to go there almost every week up till the last few years.  It's funny how your everyday life changes when you lose your life partner (my hubby).  But now I want to start getting back into the swing of things. 

Today, I have a couple of bird photos.  This first one is a male cardinal resting in the forsythia bush.  This bush will soon turn to a bright yellow.  The second photo is a yellow finch sitting on a tree branch next to some new leaf buds. 



Now I'm off to get those cucumbers into the dirt, and start the laundry.  The sooner I finish here, the sooner Tootsie and I can get outside.   Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Chris said...

What a Beautiful Photograph.
The Forsythia is here and in places is going already in England.
We have had a few days of Lovely Sunshine, it won't last but hopefully a taste of things to come.
I hope the Warm Sushine arrives in Your Garden soon!