Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Stormy Night Here In New England

April 17, 2011

Tis a wee bit soggy this morning.  All night long, the wind howled and the rains came pouring down and for about an hour, there was thunder and lightning.  At some point, the winds died down, and shortly before dawn the rain stopped. 

I read a few chapters in a book that I recently purchased.  "The Book of Unholy Mischief" by Elle Newmark is not exactly the sort of book that I would normally read, but something about it called to me.  It starts off on the streets of Venice in the year 1498.  Hmmmm, I will reserve any comments until I have a few more chapters under my belt.

I also worked on my contribution for the GI May Blog Train.  That will be coming up soon, on the first of May.  Tonight, I will see about working on our new collab kit for next month.  It depends on how much of a nap I am able to catch today.

It's been a long shift so far, and I still have four more hours before I go home.  When I get there, I'm expecting someone to stop by and give me an estimate for cutting down a couple of dead trees.  Then I will make a couple of calls to get new estimates for loam and hydraseed.  After that it will be nap time for Bonzo here.  I have to be back here to work again this evening.

I do have a couple more of my "Friday's Birds" to share this morning.  The first photo is a beautiful yellow finch, perched on a branch with new leaf buds.  The second photo is a fat little robin, busy digging for worms.  The robin isn't quite as clear as I would like as it was a bit of a distance away.



Now it's time for me to get busy here.  The Mrs. is awake and wanting her breakfast.  As I write this post, the sun keeps peeking in and out, and there are bits of blue showing between the white clouds.  So maybe it won't rain today too.  We'll have to wait and see.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Keep me updated on the book, it sounds interesting.

Marzenna G. said...

HAPPY EASTER !!!
♥» ▬▬ «•*•» ▬▬▬ «•*•»▬▬ «♥
«•*•» WESOŁYCH ŚWIĄT «•*•»
♥» ▬▬ «•*•» ▬▬▬ «•*•»▬▬ «♥

_▒
_▒▒____________▒
_▒▒▒__________▒▒
▒▒░▒________▒░▒
▒▒░▒▒_____▒▒░▒
▒▒░░▒____▒▒░ ▒
▒░░░▒___▒▒░░▒
▒░░░▒__▒▒░░▒
▒░░ ▒__▒░▒▒░▒
▒▒░▒__▒▒▒░▒▒
_▒░░░░░░░░▒▒
__▒▒░░░░░░░▒▒
__▒▒░░░░░░░ ▒
__▒░(◒░░░░░(◒ ▒▒▒▒
_▒░░░░░░░░░ ▒░░░░▒
_▒░░░░;░░░;░░▒░░░░░▒
_▒▒░░░;█ █;░▒▒░░░░░░▒
▒░▒▒░░""█"░▒▒░░░░░░░▒_▒
▒░░░▒░░░░▒░░░░▒░░░▒ ▒░
▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░░▒░░░▒▒░▒
▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░░░░▒░▒
▒▒░░░░░░░▒░▒▒░░░░░▒░▒
_▒▒░▒▒░░░▒░▒░░░░░░▒░▒
__▒▒░▒▒░░▒░ ▒░░░░░▒░▒
__▒▒░░▒░░▒░░▒░░░░░▒▒
__▒▒░▒▒░▒░░░ ▒░▒▒░░▒
_▒░░░▒░▒░▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
_▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Szczęście nadaje sens życiu,
to magia w Twym sercu zaklęta.
Nie pozwól mu zostać w ukryciu,
podaruj je bliskim na święta.
Wesołych Świąt !

Snowy said...

Love the picture of the yellow finch-such a vibrant colour ! That's another one we don't really see over here. Great photos !
hugs Snowy