Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Some Days It's Good To Be A Duck

April 5, 2011

Tis another grayish, sort of wet morning.  I sure hope the ducks and the flowers are enjoying all this wet.  It's another busy day here.  I just got home, and did a bit of blog reading.  In a while, I have to go to the post office to mail a package, keep a doctor appointment, and a couple of other small errands. 

In between all that, I want to meet with Eddie to see what work can be started and when.  We still have to till the ground on both sides of the house again, then bring in the loam, and hopefully get the grass planted.  After that, I can start planting shrubs and flowers.  Aside from all  that, there is work to be done on the house too.  It just never seems to end, but that can also be good.  It certainly keeps me busy.

Last night when I got to work, the deer were grazing in the field across the street.  I took a few photos, but not as close as I would have liked.  One of these days, I would like to be able to get a lot closer.  It may not happen though, because the deer get skittish and start running away.  Here are a few of the shots I got last night.  Thank goodness for telephoto lenses.




My PC is running so slowly.  Some days I don't even want to play on it because I don't have the patience to wait for it to do what I want it to do.  I suppose that's part of the price of having a large hard drive.  You put lots more stuff on the PC, and then it takes a long time for everything to get up and running.   One thing I would really like to do is get rid of Vista, and switch my PC over to Windows 7.  Somehow I don't think that's going to happen for a long time.

Well, I need to finish my coffee now and catch up on some email.  Then it will be time to start getting ready for my doctor appointment.  Not too worry, it's only a check up.  Till tomorow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Sounds like you have still lots to do in the garden, but best time is now, surely for planting the grass. When that has grown a bit, it already will look much more friendly.
Today here it is greyish too, not a weather to do some garden work. The wind makes it feel uncomfy.
Just did my shopping and decided I take the rest of the day "off"meaning some playing around on the computer LOL.
Enjoy your day
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I'm so jealous that you can even think about planting already. I can't even get out into the yard yet as it's too soft and muddy. We can't dream of planting anything until Mother's Day in our area to be sure it's safe.