Thursday, March 11, 2010

Today Is A Day For Errands

March 11, 2010
*
Today is a rainy, but warm, day here in Florida. It's a good day to do errands, so that I did. First I asked for directions to the Post Office. I was told to go to Celebration and it would be there in the center of town. So off I went to the little Disney town of Celebration. And got totally lost!!
*
After several stops to ask people where to find the Post Office, I finally found it. There was no parking anywhere. You just had to find a parking spot somewhere in town and walk. Well that's all right if you're not handicapped, but with a broken foot and a large box to carry, it was not a possibility for me. This was very frustrating.
*
Then I couldn't find my way out of there and back to the main road. This was simply not my best morning. Eventually, I got back to the main road and traveled a ways to Walmart. And here, I got directions to the Kissimmee Post Office. Thank you very much. From here on things went a bit smoother.
*
My next adventure was to find a gas station to put gas in the car. Once I found one, my next problem was trying to open the cap to the gas tank. These rental cars don't come with their manuals. Eventually, I figured out that problem too. There's a little thingy under the dash inside the car that you have to push to open the gas tank lid. Ain't that something!!
*
I think now I had better post my new challenge layouts, as there is a line forming behind me waiting to use the laptop connection. Gosh, I miss my computer room right about now.
*
This is my layout for the March template challenge, and features my friend Mary Ann. Special credits go to Snow Raven for the template, and to Granny Art for the floor plant.
*




I have more, but it will have to keep till my next visit to the computer building. Now I will trek back out into the rain and head on home for some lunch. Till next time, Y'all have a great day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: