Monday, March 15, 2010

It's Good To Be Home!

March 15, 2010

Yesterday was a long day for traveling. I only slept about an hour during the night (anxious, I guess) then had coffee and toast and packed up the car to leave. I was on the road at 8:45 am, first to return the rental car, and then to the airport. OH MY!!!

The airport was a disaster happening!! Obviously, a lot of flights during the last two days had been cancelled due to bad weather, so there were thousands of people waiting in huge long lines to check in their luggage and get boarding passes.

I stood in the lines for about an hour and a half, finally got a wheelchair assistant, and we were off to the departure gate. Here I waited again. All the flights were running late. But it wasn't too bad, my flight was not quite two hours late. Finally were up in the air. Yeah!!!!!
*
The flight was good, and about 5:30 we landed in Boston. Now just to wait for our luggage, and hop a shuttle bus to Braintree, where Moo would be waiting to pick me up. I got home somewhere around 6:30 last night, and my little girl was right there at the door waiting for me with licks and kisses. I really missed that!!!!

I unpacked, and Tootsie and I had a bit to eat, then turned in early after calling all the kids to let them know I got home safely. Then I slept till 11:45 am this morning!!!!! The rain hasn't stopped here, and I will have to get some photos later on. My yard is halfway to needing little boats to get around.

I have some photos to share with you today. I love flamingoes, so I took tons of photos of them. One of my favorites is of a lone flamingo wading in the water with beautiful reflections showing everywhere. The other photo shows a group of them in a small cluster.











































I also have a rather different photo to share. Thursday night, during a lull in the rain, I took this photo of the lamp post across from my door. It cast a golden glow on the trees and the rain, which I thought was quite pretty. I hope you like it.
*














That's all for today. I did receive a lovely award, but I will save that for tomorrow, so that I have time to think about who I shall pass it along to. Y'all have a really great day now, and stay warm and dry!!
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

I like the photo with the rain, and all the others you took as well,lol - we'll have to catch up and have a chat soon.
Hugs Snowy