Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thank You Moo.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Good morning!! At the moment, it's still rather gray outside my window, but it is still a bit early. It's supposed to be sunny and warm today (about 67 degrees Farenheit). Golly, I hope so. It seems we won't be getting any heat or hot water for a while yet. We still have a bit of water in the cellar, but God bless Moo, he has been working tirelessly to get rid of it and most of it is gone.

The burner man came to assess the damages to the furnace and the hot water heater. Both are ruined and have to be replaced. I called to see if they are covered by my house insurance, and now I have to wait for an adjuster to come out before I can start the replacement work. I am not a very happy camper at the moment. As you know, I just replaced both of these units not too long ago. Now it has to be done again.

I guess my only consolation is that it really could have been worse. Some folks lost everything. Not in my town, but two towns over things are devastating. Some folks are still using small boats, cars are still sitting in tons of water, electric power is out and homes are destroyed. Here are two photos that I took off the TV. They aren't very good, but you can see what I mean.
































These photos were taken after the waters had already started to recede. Some of these vehicles were almost totally covered by the water. Is it any wonder that the insurance companies are overwhelmed and don't want to deal with us homeowners? How do I know this? Because my insurance company is looking for ways not to cover anything. Absolutely disgusting!!!!
*
On a brighter note, my friend Kyra has not been feeling so well lately, but says that now she is feeling a bit better. I do hope so. She is like a ray of sunshine, and is missed when she is not up and smiling. Stay well my friend.
*
I have another bird photo for you. I have no idea what kind of bird it is, so if you know, please let me know. There is nothing in my bird books about this rather strange looking bird.
*
Now I think I shall get ready to start my day. I see a bit of sunshine peeking through a corner of my window, so at least it will be warm today. My electric fireplaces have been a godsend this winter. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: