Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Happy Birthday Lilah

September 3, 2019

Good morning.  Tis lovely here in my little part of New England, although I do think we may have some rain headed our way.  I'm still following the Weather Channel's reports of Hurricane Dorian.  I think we're on day three of this nasty storm beating down and destroying everything in sight in the Bahamas. 

The videos are showing so much total devastation in the Bahamas.  So many trees are stripped of all their branches, houses are demolished, the airport has been under five feet of water and the devastation hasn't stopped yet.  How do you bounce back from three cat 5 landfalls and three days of 175+ mile an hour winds from just one storm?  I just don't know.  God Bless and help these folks.

The storm is finally on the move west and north, but only at the same one mile per hour. Except for the coastline, Florida has been spared the worst scenario, although they still have to be concerned about winds and flooding.  Now we just have to wait and see what will be happening from Georgia on up the coast. 

Today is my great granddaughter Lilah's birthday.  Happy Birthday sweetie.  I hope you have an awesome day filled with sunshine and love.  Meema loves you.

I didn't really do much yesterday, but I did get a lot of rest.  This morning I was up early, around four o'clock.  I used the time to look up some different recipes in the no salt recipe book.  There were a few  that looked interesting so I took photos of them.  I'll try to share some of them starting tomorrow. 

After that, I made breakfast for Pogo, then started on mine.  I cut up some yellow peppers and put them in the fry pan with a little butter to get them browned a bit.  Then I added two eggs and scrambled it all together.  Oh my, yum, yum! 

My new cooktop is definitely making a difference in what I eat.  I've cooked more eggs on it than I did the whole time I was using the induction burner.  Being able to control the cooking temperature surely does make a difference. 

I found an image on the web and just had to download it.  What can I say?  It's me!


Another image that I borrowed from the web is much more serious.  This is good information to keep handy by the phone.


Today I'm thinking I might wash a load of Pogo's blankets and maybe some towels.  I'm still working on filling another bag for the Good Will folks.  That's my plan, so we'll see just how far I get with it.   Pogo has his eye on the door.  He's watching for the mailman who will soon be here.  Pogo just loves barking at this person.  I think the mailman looks forward to it too.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  But first let me share one of my all time favorite images that I borrowed from the web.


So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Angelicastar said...

I am not feeling well at all today. I won't be very chatty. I did get up twice and fed the babies and take them out to potty but is still so sick. I paid a few bills and stopped. I will pay the other 3 before the day is over. They are due farther in the month but I have a habit of paying all of my bills around the first of the month. I made sure to pay the house note first. (lol

Happy birthday Lilah> I hope you get plenty cake and ice cream....I hope you and Pogo have a great day

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Lilah! I hope she had a great day! Not much happening around here. I have been watching the news and so sad for all in the Bahamas:( Have a blessed and restful day dear friend, HUGS!

Sue said...

I love the last quote especially and photo, , I also enjoy adding peppers to my eggs,and onions too! I am so in need of a new cook top, I have just about worn mine out with all the canning I do.
The Bahamas are in such bad shape, thoughts and prayers for them and hope help will be there soon. Dh and some neighbors are prepping outside today for Dorian, we are praying she will turn more to the east, please continue to pray, our state is still recovering from the last two hurricanes.
Birthday blessings for Lilah.
Blessings,
Sue