Friday, March 9, 2018

It's All Sunshine and Smiles Here

March 9, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining, but it's a wee bit nippy this morning.  Only 46F degrees at the moment, although in a while it will get up to 71 F degrees.  I like that much better. 

Yesterday was a quiet relaxing day.  I decided to start working on a crochet doll dress, only to find that the pattern is for a bigger dolly body.  So I started trying to resize the pattern as I went.  This is not as easy as it seems.  But I'll stick with it and hopefully the dress will come out okay.  Here's a photo of the yarn.  It's called Americana. 


It's such a pretty place here, so it 's really enjoyable to just  sit out on the porch and watch the birds and geckos and whatever else is happening.  While we were sitting there, chatting away, we were greeted with a "good morning smile" just across from our porch.  Well, my my my!  This is what you call service with a smile!  (He is fixing the bottom of a screen)


Meanwhile, Pogo was getting all comfy on the chair next to me.  I had  put a pillow on the chair to make it more comfortable for him, and covered it with a little blanket.  Now he was snuggling down into the pillow and playing "peek a boo" with me.  Is he having fun? Yup, yup, he certainly is!


I'm not sure what we'll do today.  Maybe we can stop in at Old Town and check out all the little shops there.  There's another flea market further down the road, but I think I'd like to check it out on the weekend when all the vendors will be open. 

One place that I will definitely visit is the big Orange dome.  I love that place.  Probably because it is orange!  They have all kinds of fresh picked citrus outside, and lots of pretty souvenirs inside.  I have visited this place every year since I've been coming here.  (since the mid 80's)

Today I'm going to try to post a video that I took yesterday of the palm trees outside my porch waving softly in the breeze.  If it works, it's for you Nani girl!


 Now I think I'll finish up my cup of Forest Fruits tea and take a shower.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.


No comments: