Saturday, March 17, 2018

A Beautiful Day To End Our Vacation

March 17, 2018

Good morning.  Tis a really beautiful day here in Fla Fla.  Even though it gets quite cool during the night, the days warm up nicely.  I had to smile the other morning.  The temperature wasn't quite up to sixty degrees yet (it was early) and there were already a couple of families, children and adults, in their bathing suits heading for the pool. 

I don't do the pool.  The computer room is over by the pool, so I will walk over there today so that I can print out my ticket.  Tomorrow Pogo and I leave here and head back home.  It's going to be bittersweet to leave here, but it will feel good to be home too. 

Here's a couple photos I took of the view from our porch.  It's such a pretty place, and sooo relaxing.



I had another call this morning from one of the tree services that I had left messages with.  He will be going by my house today to look over the situation and give me an estimate.  It can't hurt to get another estimate.  This guy will even cover the damaged part of the roof with a tarp. 

This morning, I spoke with Joe, and he said that he will pick up some turkey so that Pogo can have his treat when we get home.  I'm sure this will make my little guy super happy because he has been missing his turkey treat these past two weeks.

Yesterday I was looking over some of the new quick pages that I've been making and I decided I wasn't very happy with one of them.  So I spent about an hour and a half  re-doing it.  Then I spent another  hour an a half making another new one.  It doesn't  normally take this long to make a quick page but I am sooooo picky!  At least when I finish one I am pleased with it.

Today is St. Patrick's Day, and I have another quick page for you.   I had a lot of fun making this page, (can you see why?) and  I hope you have fun with it too.  May your day be full of blessings.  (Mine is!)


Expired

I just got a call from the tree service that called me this morning.  The guy went by my house to look things over.  He gave me a much better price to remove the tree from the roof, cut up the tree and haul it away.  He'll also take photos of the roof damage for me and then cover every thing over with a tarp.  This is what I was wanting, so I'm hiring this guy.  I've already called the other company and told them that I won't be needing them. 

My next project will be to find  me a roofing company to come out and repair any damages to the roof.  Joe told me that the shed roof didn't really have much damage.  Only a dent of sorts, no holes and no leaking.  This is good. 

Now I think I'll get dressed and Pogo and I will walk over to the computer room to print out my ticket.  Then I will make sure that most everything is packed in our suitcase.  I don't want to be rushed in the morning or I'll surely forget something. 

So, till Monday, Y'all have a fabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

gypsyrose said...

It does look really nice there Im glad you had a nice time the quick page is lovely and I spy pogo lol, its good that you have the tree problem sorted out one less thing to worry about, have a good and safe flight home tomorrow x

smiekeltje said...

What a shame your holiday is over. But, as you said, it also will be good to be home again.
Glad you have found a good company to take care of the tree and the roof. I should say that company should send the bill to your insurance company and then they will be paid. I think there is no need to pay yourself and then have to wait for the insurance company to pay you again.(And it sometimes can take longer than you think)
So perhaps it is something to think about or perhaps you can ask the insurance company what best to do?
Hope you have a good and safe flight home.
Hugs
Kyra