Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Rain, Rain, Please Fill Up Our Ponds

January 23, 2018

Good morning.  Yup, it's still morning for another eleven minutes.  Gosh, I'm getting off to a very late start today.  Today is gray and wet.  Wet, wet, wet.  It is pouring rain here in New England.  No, I'm not complaining.  Our ponds and reservoirs are still way down, so we really do need the rain.  It's a great day to do crafts and have chowder for lunch.

Yesterday I made corn chowder in my new slow cooker.  I have to tell you that it was delicious!  For supper, I had two and a half bowls of it.  Mmmm, mmm, mmm!  Guess what I'm going to have for my lunch today???

The mail just came and I got an invitation to borrow up to $50,000 at a nice low interest rate.  Wowsie!  Gosh, it's nice to be wanted, but no thank you.  I could have a lot of fun with the money, but then I'd have to pay it all back.  Groan, groan, groan.  Ah well, it was a fun thought while it lasted.

A few days ago, Pogo sent his friend Cisco (in Texas) some doggie bones and a new little playhouse.  Now we're just waiting to see if Cisco likes his playhouse.  Pogo has lots of little places here where he can go to hide or rest that are just big enough for him.  It seems to make him happy checking out each of his little hiding spots.  He will usually leave a blanket and a little toy in each of them.

This is the Chinese Year of the Dog.  So if you can, try to do something nice for a dog, whether they are homeless or someone's family pet.  All animals deserve to be pampered.

I don't have any new photos to share today so I dug out a few photos from last year's vacation in Florida.  There are so many different and beautiful palm trees and plants there.  These are just a few of the palms where my condo is.  When you see them up close, you realize just how beautiful they are. 




Gosh, in just five and a half more weeks, Pogo and I will be on a plane for Florida.  I guess it's time to dig out my little laptop to make sure it's working okay.  It's the one I take with me on vacation.  I'm into packing lighter and smaller.  I also take my smaller camera instead of my big Canon.  Just another way to lighten my bag. 

I've decided that I'll take Pogo's stroller instead of my walker.  This will be more comfortable for Pogo, and I'll still have something to hold onto when I'm walking.  It's a shame I can't rent him a stroller when we get there.  This would make things a lot easier.  Hmmm, I'll have to look into that.

That's about it for my chatter today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Mary Ann Roesler said...

We had that rain yesterday...unheard of in Wisconsin in Jan. Changed to slush then snow but the ice could be scraped off. Only a few weeks till Florida...Gene will be getting a new knee while you and Pogo are enjoying the sun! I sent you a crochet pattern that you might like so maybe all your projects for the year may not be set! I don't know if I can attach a photo here but will send it to you. Brings back great memories.