Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A Super Coupon In My E-Mail

January 2, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is up to 4F degrees.   It may even get up to around 14F degrees later today.  Woo Hoo!  Tomorrow and Thursday's temps should get up close to thirty degrees, but then even more wicked cold temps will be back for Friday and Saturday. 

Yesterday, I got a really great coupon in my email for making my new blog book.  So, that's what I did.  I made my next blog book.  The coupon was for 39% off.  Wowsie!  Folks, if you're going to be making a blog book, go to Shared books (Blog2Print).  Here's the photos I chose for the covers of the new book.


Last night, daughter Audrey sent me a couple photos that she had taken of the super moon rising over the fields next to her house. 



Audrey, thank you so much for sharing.  It's so cold here, that I didn't even bother to go outside to see if I could see the moon. 

Last night, I couldn't seem to shake the chill, so I wrapped up in my beautiful blue and white afghan that Kyra had made for me.  Mmmmm, finally I was toasty.  Pogo climbed in right beside me and we both fell asleep.  Everytime I use this afghan, I am amazed at the patience it took to knit all of these tiny stitches.  It's really a work of love.  Thank you Kyra.  Here's a close up photo I took to show all the tiny stitches.


The first thing I need to do this morning is to call the car dealership about my remote car starter.  Something has to be done to either fix it or I'll have to replace it.  I don't want to chance falling on the ice when I go out to start my car.  I don't want anyone else to fall either.  A couple of the dwarfs have been great about going out to start my car for me. 

After that, I'll need to call the fuel company to order another fuel delivery for either Thursday or Friday.  This is going to be my most expensive winter ever for heating fuel.  Oh Spring, Oh Beautiful Spring, you can't get here soon enough!

Now I think I'll head for the kitchen and see about making some breakfast for Pogo and me.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Hi Edna, I love listening to you here. I am sorry I have been so bad about getting over here. I am trying to blog daily. I am heading back to my blog shortly to start a new post. Nick is wanting potato cheese soup so it will be on the agenda for dinner tonight. I woke up to take the hubby to the bus station so I need to get moving soon and shower and get to the store for my potatoes, celery and carrots and cheese, lots of sharp cheddar cheese.
I hope you get your car remote starter resolved. I dislike the icy roads and sidewalks too. My great fear is falling. I have a HurriCane but only use it if my achy ole hip gives me a real fit. It is purple.
I think it is time to pull out the ole Jack LaLanne juicer machine to make some veggie drinks. I love celery because it helps with achy joints and I think it may be in my head but if I drink a glass my joints feel better. I love the beet juice too. It is funny because it tends to be thicker and you need a little water to thin it out. I love having a pink moustache ! HaHaHa!
I am on my own today. Harrison comes over on Tuesday and Thursday.The hubby is off next Friday and that following Monday. The kids all had extra days off during the CHRISTmas and New Year holidays.
I hope you and Pogo are staying warm.
HUGS

gypsyrose said...

The afgan is so pretty love the lacy design good that its nice and cosy so you and Pogo can stay warm. x