Thursday, December 7, 2017

Finally Making Some Good Progress

December 7, 2017

Good morning.  It's only 6:14 a.m. and it's still dark outside so I'm not sure what sort of day we are in for.  Not that it matters.  Today I want to get the last of my boxes packed and labeled, and ready to be mailed out. 

Yesterday, Joe loaded all the boxes and packages that I had ready into my car and we headed for the Post Office.  It took a while, but all the bundles were finally stamped and put into large carts to be sent out for delivery.   Oooh, what a nice feeling!

After these last few boxes are ready to go, I'll only have to finish wrapping all my "local" stuff.  I can do this.  I don't know why I fret so every year.  Somehow, I manage to get everything done.  I guess my next big "fret zone" project will be getting all my tax stuff done.  I'll probably only have about a month to get most of it done.  As soon as I get my appointment from the accountant, I'll know how much time I'll have to gather everything I need.  Aye yi yi!

Last night, I put a couple rows on the Cranberry afghan, and oh my, it sure is pretty.  I think I'd like to try some blue-greens on another afghan later on.  Herrschners has some colors named Sea Spray, Sea Green, Glacier and Aquamarine that sound wicked pretty.

I looked up the weather forecast for the next seven or eight days, and it is going to be cold, cold, cold!  Beginning Saturday, temps will be dropping down into the 20's and 30's with night temps in the low to mid teens.  Brrrrrrr!

Today I have a couple old photos to share.  I found this one photo of me doing guess what.  Yup, crocheting.  The date on the photo is April 1966. 


On September 25, I posted a photo of an old Buick convertible, and mentioned that somewhere I had a photo of my daughter Audrey sitting on our Buick convertible. Well, I found the photo, and here it is.  She was such a cutie pie.  In my wildest dreams, I'd have never guessed that she would grow up to be working in the field of Taxidermy.  And she's good at it too!  This photo was taken between 1960 and 1962.


Well, now I think I'll have me a cup of hot coffee and get started on finishing those last few boxes.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh, Edna, I love looking at old pictures and yours are gems! How cute your daughter is sitting on that car. And the one of you crocheting is precious. It goes to show you are an expert having done it that long.

Our temperatures are going down too. The 30s are predicted for the next four weeks. I'm not liking it, but at least it doesn't last forever and we have been very fortunate with our temperatures this year.

Have a good day and stay warm.