Monday, December 29, 2014

Jiggling And Wiggling With A Bodyblade

December 29, 2014

Good morning.  At the moment, (8:14 a.m.)  the sun is shining but it's a wee bit cold.  Today will be our last day to hit 40F for a while.  There's an Artic Freeze blowing down on everyone, bringing wicked cold temps with it.

Well, I did not get very much done in the kitchen yesterday, but I did do some heavy thinking.  I'm very good at the heavy thinking part of any project.  It's the actual "doing" part that I'm a bit slow at.  Hmmmm.

There's a new piece of exercise equipment that is supposed to be quite easy to use, and very effective for trimming and toning the body.  It's supposed to especially good for getting rid of those turkey chins hanging from one's arms.  So naturally I thought I'd give it a try.  It's called a bodyblade.  Here's a couple of pictures that I downloaded from the web.



This exercise actually looks like fun, and something that this old coot might actually be able to do.  My bodyblade arrived a few days ago, and it really is a bit of fun.  I need to read the booklet and watch the DVD that came with it so that I can learn all the different exercises I can do with it. 

Can you imagine the fun it could be to just jiggle away all that wiggily fat that seems to be attracted to some of us older gals?  I tried the bodyblade for a few minutes the other day, and I haven't noticed any changes in me yet.  Hmmm, I guess I'll have to try it again later this afternoon.

Today is Monday, so I went digging into my photo archives for a couple of pretty orange photos.  I took these photos a couple of years ago when I was by the ocean at sunset. 



I'm thinking that this year, Pogo and I might just squeeze in a few weekend getaways by the ocean.  I'd like to spend a few days on Cape Cod too.  I miss getting out with my camera, so I think I'll push myself a little harder in the new year to get out and go different places.  This could be a good New Year's resolution for me to work on.

Now I think I should mosey on over to the kitchen and try to do something a little more physical than thinking.  It's a very small space, so it's going to be tricky moving things around and still have a place for everything. 

On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Good to see that you did a MOM picture even though MOM is on a break ... but you kept us on our toes, right?

I get the heavy thinking part of your project. I have a huge ... bigger than just my kitchen project to do which I really need to start on, but I keep thinking of things I need to finish before I can start ... so far I have moved it up two days and tomorrow is out and probably Wednesday. Then I don't know if I want to do projects on New Years day, so that is probably out too. I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get to it .... hmmmm !

We are bracing for the same cold you are talking about. I will have to get my layers out again and probably Izzi's coat and boots. This will be the first since the spell in November. I keep hoping we will get some snow, but it keeps missing us. Izzi loves to play in the snow so this could be a long, just cold winter if we don't get some snow soon ... and that would mean the ground will be very dry in the spring, Ugh!
All of our TV programs have taken a break too. Makes it hard to have an enjoyable, relaxing evening with nothing to watch. We have resorted to pulling old movies off of the shelf. One of the nice things about being old is I can watch a movie I have seen before and don't remember anything about it, so it is as good as new :)

It is very quiet around here. Very few birds and/or any kind of wildlife. Makes it hard to get excited about taking pictures. I need to take some kind of trip or something so I can find something interesting to photograph. Even the deer are in hiding because they keep extending the hunting season ... maybe they aren't hiding ... maybe they are just gone. It makes me sad that the hunters have to kill so many deer ... I mean yes, they need culling, but for 3 months, I don't think so.

Well, Edna, I am headed down to whip up some dinner then sit to watch another old movie. I will be glad when life gets back to normal. I mean I love the holidays ... but I think I love normal more ;) Later, my friend ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

smiekeltje said...

Hohoho, you are actually going to do some excersize with that new stuff???? So brave of you! But who knows, it might be good, but don;t overdo it, and.........results will take time LOL!
Good idea to think about getting away some weekends next year. It's not always necessary to go away far, but just the"being away from the usual"is already fun!
Good luck with the kitchen.
Hugs
Kyra