Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Last "Cool" Day Before The Heat Is Back

July 13, 2013

Good morning.  It's cloudy, and the weatherman says it's only 68 F at the moment working towards 78F.  However, it feels like 80F and sticky!  At least in the house.  Or maybe it's just me.  You know about "hot flashes", well I think I'm having the "over 70 flashes".   Gosh, no one ever told me about these.  I'd better enjoy the weather though, because tomorrow the "heat" will be back.  Goodie, goodie.

I have a lot to do today, but I'm going to stop around 2 p.m. and have a little nap before going back to work tonight.  Right now, the laundry is in the washer.  Next, I'll do a little dance with the vacuum cleaner, maybe fill a bag or two for the dumpster, and that will be it for today. 

They have been advertising a cool new book "Great Kitchen Secrets".  It's only $10 and if you order it today, you will also get another book with it for free.  However when you call for the book, you learn that the second book isn't really free.  You have to pay separate S&H for it.  I would have ordered the book, but now I will wait for it to get to the stores.

On the plus side, there is a really cool Geico ad on TV that I really do enjoy.  It's the one that shows the camel walking through the office asking everyone "what day is it?"  Finally, one girl tells him that it is "hump day" and he is quite happy with himself.  It's so silly, but absolutely adorable, and always manages to put a smile on my face.

When I got home yesterday from work, there was a little bunny in the grass feasting away on the grass.  He didn't even mind me taking his photo.  Poor little guy must have been really hungry.  This first photo was taken through the car's windshield.  I got out of the car to take the second photo.  Isn't he cute?



I also have more beautiful layouts to share that Kyra has made for me.  This one features a gorgeous blue jay.  There's nothing prettier than watching the blue jays and the cardinals feeding in the snow.  Kyra, this is just beautiful.  Thank you my friend.


If you're wanting to see more of Kyra's beautiful work, just click on her name here and it will take you right to her blog.  While you're there, don't forget to check out some of the wonderful freebie kits and clusters that she and Arlene offer.  You'll be delighted.

Now it's time for me to get busy here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe, and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Kyra did a lovely job with the blue jay. I've not yet tried any of the photo collages but they look like they might be fun.

smiekeltje said...

Bunny is cute!
Good thing you only did a couple of things and then took a nap before going to work.
How are things with the critters? Everybody is doing their part I hope!
Have a great day!
Hug
Kyra