Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Even Naked, He's Beautiful!

June 5, 2013

Good morning.  Today is another gorgeous day.  Sunny and warm, 72 degrees F, with a nice breeze.  I could live with this all year.  And except for the lingering cough, I am feeling better every day.  This weekend, I shall return to work.  In a way, I miss work.  In another way, I don't.  Having my days and nights to do with as I please is nice, but then the bills pile up.  That old saying "you've got to give to get" is apparently true.

Pogo won't be so happy to see me return to work.  He's quite happy to have his mommy home with him every night.  Ah well.  Here he is in all his glorious nakedness.  When it gets hot, I let him run around without his clothes on. 


Yesterday, we did not make it to the park.  Instead, we sat out in the yard for a while watching the chipmunks and the birds.  Later when Joe got home from work, I went to do a bit of shopping.  I got lucky and found two cushions that fit the new benches perfectly.  I'll take a photo later today to show you how nice it looks.

Eddie came by and sprayed the yard for fleas, ticks, bugs, etc.  Pogo is very low to the ground, so we try to keep it as safe for him as we can.  Pretty soon, Eddie will come by to spread more grass seed too.   I think my Michael would be very pleased if he could see the place now.  Here's a photo of Eddie doing the spraying.

 
Here's a photo of one of our chipmunks, and a close up to show you how cute he is.  This little guy decided it was safe to come out to get some seeds while I was sitting there with my camera.  Only a couple of the birds ventured close, but then they flew away.



I think Janet may be coming by later today.  It's been a few weeks, and I miss spending time with her.  Next week, I need to take my car in for it's maintenance check up.  I'm a bit overdue.  Pogo and I haven't made it to the park yet, but I think we'll either go this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  After that, the rain will be back in our area for a few days. 

I haven't forgotten your freebies.  I'm working on a couple of them now, and will be posting them soon.  These past couple of weeks, I just have not felt like designing on the computer.  Now I think I will get dressed and see about taking my little man out for a while to enjoy this wonderful weather.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

It is nice to have time to yourself now and then, though I think you went about it the hard way :)

We are having a banner year for ticks in our neighborhood so spraying was a good idea. We sprayed last week, but I don't think Izzi is picking them up here. I noticed everytime we go down by the channel she comes home with a few. She is medicated for them and she has been vaccinated agains Lyme Disease, so she is safe ... but I am not. I asked my doctor why they have a vaccine for dogs and not people ... he didn't have an answer ..... hmmmmm!

I spotted our swan family on the channel this afternoon with 4 new cignets ... so adorable. Dad was patroling while Mom was leading them around to show them where to get food. I will probably feature them next week on WBW ... it was pure luck to find them in a spot that I could get pictures. Usually they hang out back in the reeds so it is not every day that I can capture them. There is just something wonderful about spring ... just wish it would stop raining so much and get a little warmer ... 70's are good, but we have been hanging in the 60's.

Pogo is his usual handsome self even when he is nude ... poor boy. Mom doesn't have any summer weight outfits for him? :)

I have to go shopping for a baby gift (going to a shower of a dear friend ... her first grandchild). It is amazing how much stuff they have for babies now ... makes it hard to know what to buy. Clearly they do everything differently than we did, so I think I will just stick to some cute cloeths. Hope you are able to make it to the park with Pogo before the rain comes ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

I love that closeup of the chipmunk, too cute! The iris from yesterday was gorgeous!

We had a beautiful day yesterday and David and I were put photographing trains and farms.

Pogo makes a great pin-up pup!

I got my ramp done and now the power chair and I can...look for a job! lol I agree about the concept of how much I'd love to just spend my days going out; have a restaurant lunch, go to the park for a roll and photo day and then come home and spend time with the cats and scrapbooking. But alas, the lunch check and supplies for the fun things want to be paid for! I still very much want to pay bills and taxes again!

I think I'm going to make myself an afternoon coffee drink and relax in the nice contractor-free (for now) house.

You and Pogo have a wonderful time at the park!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

It's good to read you are feeling better day by day. I hope it isn;t too soon that you go to work already this weekend? Yeah, I know, bills aren;t very patient, ut perhaps just a few more days would do you good.
That chipmunk is sooooooo cute! A pity we don;t have them here, although they can be annoying sometimes too.
But I am happy we already have some birds and frogs in our garden, being in the middle of the city!
Enjoy the days you still are free and take it easy!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Pogo looks very nice without his clothes - strange, since I've grown used to seeing his wardrobe, but I bet he loves wiggling around in the open air on those hot days...as we all would. I just wouldn't look nearly as cute in the buff as he does.