Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Run, Turkey, Run!

October 26, 2011

It's only 6 am and it's still quite dark outside.  I have just turned on the weather channel in time to watch the mess in Colorado with all the new snowfall.   Some places are getting up to a foot.  Yuks!  The worst part is that some of that snow will be here in a couple of days.  I was a fool to think our Autumn weather might last for a little while longer.  Technically, Winter does not start for another couple of months, but for some reason the weather fairies don't know this!

Folks, I have to say that yesterday's visit with the nutritionist turned out quite nice.  I was prepared for her to tell me why I have to start eating soy beans and yogurt, but she did not do this.  Instead, she wrote down all the things that I do eat and enjoy, and showed me ways to eat them to lower my cholesterol and maybe even lose weight.  What a plesant surprise!

As promised, here are some photos of Monday's turkeys running as fast as their little legs will carry them to get away from me.  Needless to say, I had to do a little bit of running too in order to get some photos.  These guys just don't like the camera!







I'll have to keep going back to the place where we found all these turkeys in hoes of getting photos of the Toms.  A couple of years ago, I was able to photograph a couple of Toms with their tail feathers all spread.  They were just gorgeous! 

Okay, that's it for the turkeys for a while. Yesterday, on my way home from my appointment, I got some nice photos, but I will share them tomorrow.   Today, Eddie and I have to go shopping for a few things for the house.  I know, it's never ending with an old house like mine.  But I'm so thankful that I do have a house. 

Now it's time to check on the Mrs again, and then start packing up my things.  The Mrs celebrated her 94th birthday Monday, and their are some gorgeous bouquets that I want to photograph before I go home this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Love the turkeys. You had to have some speed in running yourself, to get some decent pictures LOL!
Wow, the Mrs. is coming to a respectable age, 94!
In a tv program, that is each evening, there is a daily issue about a man who is almost 100 years, and still in good shape. Mind is still okay, body too, he is doing abit opf gymnastic each day, makes a little walk each day, takes care of himself, admirable.
To get old in this way, isn;t the worst thing that can happen to you.
Enjy your day.
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

Aside from I like toasted say beans and yogurt, a good nutritionist is one who shows you HOW to eat the foods you enjoy, not to quit eating them all together. You’ve got a good one! I think the cholesterol and weight work together. I lost a bunch and my cholesterol went from high to elevated. (One is a threat of pills, one is not) It’s my plan, at least my hope, to keep losing and keep seeing the number go down!

I LOVE your turkey pics! The one with the group of them yesterday was very nice, but todays running turkeys were outstanding!

We’re having some cold and rain trouble here, although right now it’s sunny, we’re expecting more rain tonight. Thankfully, as of right now it’s still expected to be nice Monday for the kids. I so love Halloween and greeting all the trick or treaters that I’d be totally disappointed if the weather kept them away!

I try not to watch the Weather Channel when they start using the four-letter “s” word! ;)

Hugs, Nani