Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pirates And Indians

October 8, 2011

Good morning, and I guess it will be a dandy!  The weather channel is saying that it will be in the low 80's today and tomorrow, and then cooling down again.  I can use a couple of nice warm days.

My cold feels to be on the mend somewhat.  At least I think it is.  Either way, it's back to work tonight.  The bills still want to be paid, and this week we add new ones to the pile.  Heating fuel!  Groan, groan.  This is probably the biggest reason why I don't like winter, the exorbitantly high fuel bills.  After that comes the cold.  I really don't like the cold.

I think my Tootsie has caught a bit of my cold.  Poor little thing had to make a couple of quick dashes to her potty pads during the night.  After a couple of quickie baths, she was finally able to settle down and fall asleep for the rest of the night.  We are such a pitiful pair!

Today's photos are more from my photo walk.  The first is a little pirate boat that I found quite intereting.  I've blurred out the captain's face on purpose for obvious reasons.


My next photo is the statue of Squanto (short for Tisquantum),  who acted as a guide to the Pilgrims.  He taught them to better utilize the natural resources, how to catch eels, and how to plant corn using fish caught from the town brook as fertilizer.  Squanto died two years later in 1622.


Tootsie and I did manage to get out in the yard for a little while yesterday.  I must say that the warm sunshine felt really good.  Later in the afternoon, I worked on my photo class assignments.  I have to tell you, I am really enjoying these classes.  It's only been a while, but I've already learned so much.

Now I want to go see what we have for brunch.  I did not make it out to do any food shopping this week, but I will have to do it soon.  Tootsie's treat bag is very close to empty.  Maybe Joe will watch her tomorrow morning for a while after I get home from work, and I can make a quick run to Walmart.  I'll have to ask him.  Till tomorrow folks, stay well, and Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Snowy said...

love that statue ! The native history and its customs/culture is so fascinating! I have to look up the about this guy and what tribe he was part of ...now you got me going,lol

The Queen Jester said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the sights of Boston this morning on our tour and have to leave pretty quick for the bus. Hope to meet up with you later today near Quincy Market if at all possible.
608-385-4675