Friday, October 14, 2011

It's Beginning To Get A Bit Soggy Here

October 14, 2011

It's another wet, gray morning here in my little part of the world.  The weatherman says that tomorrow will be a beautiful day.  Gee, I hope so.  I want to takeTootsie and get outside for a while.  Maybe find a new place to take photographs.  Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I'm at work and the Mrs is stirring, so this will be short post.   My cold seems to be going away a little bit, so that's good.  Tootsie seems to be holding her own on this new meds regime.  That's another plus.  I even started to tear apart my bedroom and toss out some things that I haven't worn in a while.  Granted, I didn't toss out very much, but it's a start.

Today, I'll share some more of my photo art.   Here we have my original photo.


Here, I've used the "plastic wrap" filter in Photoshop.  I rather like the effect.


And last, the same photo with a texture overlay from Pixel Dust Photo Art and the "poster edges" filter from Photoshop.  Another interesting view.


I must remember to call my PC guru, Wayne, to see if he can talk me through (for the hundredth time) getting my shows off the DVR and onto a DVD.  It takes me a while to get the knack of this sort of stuff.  The tekky part of my brain does not function as well as I would like it to.  I can't blame this on the golden years either, because I have never been good at this sort of thing. 

Now I must get busy here and start my day.  Mrs is calling for her breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay dry and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

ShonEjai said...

I love the photo of the dragon fly. Very beautiful and dramatic!

Ida said...

Your flower photo is beautiful. The "wrap" texture was interesting but I really liked the bottom texture a lot. Very nice work.

smiekeltje said...

You seem to have the same problem as I have with the "techny"stuff LOL! Somehow my brain just refuses to really look into it to the bottom, it doesn;t like it, never did too much LOL.
Good you and Tootsie are on the mend slowly again.
Must not sit too long at the computer, back is still not as it was before this misery started, bummers!
The second photo art pic is the best, for me!
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs
Kyra

Pat said...

Lovely edits! The original is beautiful too!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Really interesting edits. Have to say I am partial to the one with the texture with text. Thank you for linking up with Photo Art Friday.