Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Fun Evening With Photoshop

October 13, 2011

Good morning.  It's almost eight o'clock and it's rather dark and rainy outside.  This is a good day to stay inside and do my laundry and maybe keep an eye on the shopping channel.  I've been watching a presentation of some exercise games for the Wii.  The show hosts have been having so much fun, and exercising at the same time.  I have a Wii with a bowling game.  Hmmm, I'll have to look into one of the new exercise games.

Yesterday was a really gorgeous day, and I was able to get out and do a few errands.  Most important was a trip to the supermarket.  And yes, I did get some green peppers.  Mmmmmm.  In a little while, Tootsie and I are going to treat ourselves to some scrambled eggs with green peppers.  Mmm, mmm, mmm!  Yummy!

Last night, daughter in law got tied up in rush hour traffic and could not come for supper, so I spent the evening playing with my photos and Photoshop.  It's fun to see how layering textures and/or filters can change a plain photo into an interesting piece of art.  Here's a beautiful flower that I photographed in Plymouth.  In the first photo, I've used both a texture and a filter.  In the second photo, I've used the "glowing edges" filter.  Same photo, two very different views.



You know I love to photograph the local gulls.  Here is one that was perched on a rock in Plymouth Harbor just enjoying the warm sun while she primped and fluffed her feathers.  See the look on her face when she noticed me with the camera.  It's almost like she was saying "See something you like?"



I have no other news so I think I'll head for the kitchen and make that yummy breakfast.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

It's fun to play with textures on photo's. I do want to give it a try, may be this weekend.
Enjoy the green peppers.
Hugs
Kyra