Friday, October 29, 2021

Tis Almost Halloween

October 29, 2021

Good morning.  Have you noticed?  We're running out of October.  In three days, it will be another new month.  

I just spent forty five minutes going through all the products on a web site and picking out the items I wished to buy.  Then when I typed in the code to get a reduced shipping rate, the code was not accepted.  This is frustrating because now I have to call the company and place the order again, provided that they accept the shipping code.

A while ago, I ordered two My Pillows.  I got the "firm" ones.  When they came, I tried one of them and decided that it was too firm for me.  So, I gave the pillows to my son in law Eddie.  (he likes them)  Then I ordered two more pillows, this time not quite so firm.  They arrived yesterday, and they are perfect.  

I also ordered a bottle of Peppermint Oil.  I don't mind sharing space with some dust bunnies, but I don't like sharing with the mice.  They come in when it gets cold.  Today I shall spray the peppermint oil around my pantry and my kitchen counter.  I'll spray a few other places too.  I just hope it works.

This weekend lots of folks will be out celebrating Halloween.  Please, please keep your kitty cats indoors.  Especially your black kitty cats.  People can be mean.

A lot of the local schools are still closed because all the power is not back on everywhere yet.  The light company hopes to have it all restored by tomorrow.  

Now I'm going to make some breakfast and enjoy some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

We'll wave to eachother "Virtual(or : in thoughts)"on Halloweennight okay?
A good pillow is important and I am happy you found one that suits you.
Very annoying that at the end of your order the code isn;t accepted. Will take time again to phone them and explain and so on.
Hmmm, the mice are cute but not in our kitchen or pantry, hey? Hope the mint oil will help. Perhaps, now that we have Muppet visiting us it will help to keep the mice away.
I just returned from grocerie shopping, think I don;t need to go out tomorrow anymore, nice!
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

A firm pillow can be a little TOO firm. I'm glad you found a use for yours. I just bought new pillows and got soft/medium ones, and I think I should have got medium/firm. But oh well!

Robyn said...

Hi Edna! So good to read you this morning.

About a year ago my husband and I ordered the "My Pillows".. We went on the website and did the custom pillows and I have never looked back. I LOVE my pillow and the best part is since switching I don't wake up with a frozen neck anymore. I will never buy any other kind of pillow.

Yes, another month is upon us, it's amazing to me that the older we get the faster they go. Somehow that doesn't seem fair but that is life...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend Edna. See you Sunday!

Sue said...

We bought the firm My Pillow and they were to hard, keep thinking f getting the softer ones! Sorry about the code mixup, but I am afraid things aren't going to get better with the food chain situation being what it is!
Have a great weekend.
Sue

Theresa said...

I love My Pillows and happy that you got the perfect one now. I am not a fan of mice either, hope the peppermint oil works. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy 🎃Halloween to you, Edna, on the perfect weekend day for this celebration as it's rainy, dreary and miserable looking out our window all day today. I bought new pillows a few months ago from a bed Bath & Beyond store and they have been very comfortable. Glad the ones you bought worked out well, the second time around.