Thursday, October 21, 2021

The Raven

October 21, 2021

Good morning.  Today is supposed to be (according to my phone app) sunny with temps in the toasty seventies.  Woo Hoo!  It most likely won't last more than a day or two but I'll enjoy it while it's here.

Yesterday was one of those days that perplexes my last nerve.  (how's that for poetry?)  I started to pay some bills and soon realized that I was running out of checks.  Now I had to go online and order more checks.  Next I started to put together a bank deposit only to find that I had no deposit slips.  Deanne to the rescue.  She stopped on her way home from work and picked me up some deposit slips.  Thank you Deanne.  

My mother used to tell me that if my head weren't attached to my shoulders, I'd lose it.  Some days I have to agree with her.  It's amazing how I can be so amazingly put together on some days, and on other days I'm totally falling apart.  

Today I ordered something on Ebay to be shipped directly to the recipient, but for some reason, it would not let me change the shipping address to suit my needs.  Now I shall have to re-ship the item after it comes to me.  Remember that last nerve?  It's beginning to twang.

I don't remember if I posted a photo of my new Raven stamps, but I found a little story that explains the Raven's story.  The Raven is quite a handsome and powerful looking bird.


Yesterday, the items that I had ordered for the dwarfs' Christmas gifts arrived.  Now I just have to pick up one more item and those gifts will be ready for wrapping and tagging.  

I just thought of one more item that I'll have to order.  Bows.  The bows make the wrapped package look complete.  Years ago, I would spend hours wrapping gifts and making the bows for each package.  Nowadays this is not so much fun.  I much more enjoy buying wrapping bags and ready made bows.  

Today or tomorrow I shall do a load of laundry and I'll try one of those new Earth Breeze laundry sheets.  I'll let you know how if it works out okay.  I think I'll give a few of these sheets to the dwarfs and let them try them out too.

Here's another goodie that I borrowed from the web.  I wonder, has this happened to any of you?  I hope it starts your day with a fun giggle.

Now I'm off to enjoy some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Love the raven stamps. It looks like a Native American design?

smiekeltje said...

Oh, those days when you realize you run out of things(like cheques etc.) Seems it all comes at the same time. I sometimes have those days too and then after a while my nerves get strained, and best I do nothing more and leave it all for next day, hahaha.
Glad Deanne could help you out.
Annoying you couldn;t get the address changed with the purchase. Now you have extra work .
Today here we had stormy winds yesterday evening.night heavy rains. The wind still is blowing with real force, it will get less during weekend.
Oh, Muppet appeared again, after a week of silence. Now she comes every now and then, it will be and in- and out cat I presume. Oh well, if she comes for a visit she is welcome.

Wishing you a wonderful day(enjoy the pleasant temperatures for as long as they are around)
Hugs
Kyra

Rita said...

I've had trouble with different shipping addresses, too. Frustrating.
Enjoy your warmer days. :)

Theresa said...

Oh how I can relate. I have spent the morning trying to get into certain accounts, sitting here looking thru files etc. Somedays are just spent spinning our wheels:) Enjoy your day dear friend, oh and I LOVE the raven stamps! HUGS!