Friday, October 15, 2021

Indian Summer

October 15, 2021

Good morning.  Today should be sunny with some clouds, and temps reaching seventy one degrees.  Another pretty Indian Summer day.   

Indian summer -- A warm, calm spell of weather occurring in autumn, especially in October

When I was a kid, there was always an Indian summer.  As I grew older, this pleasant part of Autumn seemed to disappear most years.  But then again, a lot of the regular weather patterns have changed over the years since I was a kid.

Yesterday was nice.  Deanne and I went to get ice cream sundaes.  Yum!  They were delicious!  Pretty soon the ice cream stand will be closing for the year.  I'm going to miss it.

Today's post will be short.  I have a lot to do this morning and I have to get ready for my doctor appointment.  It's just a regular check up with my heart doctor.  Then I hope I don't have to see him again till Spring.  

I read about a new detergent on the web and thought I'd give it a try.  It's called Earth Breeze.  It's supposed to be better for the earth and all the animals in the oceans.  I hope so.  And I hope it doesn't cause any allergy problems.  I'm going to order some and try it.




It's time to make another grocery order for delivery.  I'm starting to run out of some things.  Maybe I'll order it later today for delivery over the weekend.  While I'm at it, I think I'll cook up a pot of pasta for supper.  

Now I really must get busy around here.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

We will have one or two days too of real Indian summer, they say. In dy or two we might reach temps of 18C(just for one or two days, pity).
So ou have a busy day, hope the check with the heart doctor will be okay. Then grocerie orders to make, hmmmm, I did the shopping yesterday and today had a real slow, easy, relaxed day.
Ice cream from a stand is better tasting than ready bought in the freezer, don;t you think?
Have a lovely day, take care,
sending big hug
Kyra

Buttercup said...

It was really summer here today and I'm still in sandals. Colder weather is predicted for Sunday and maybe I'll finally be putting my t-shirts away. Hope your doctor appointment went well and you don't go back until the winter has passed.

Steve Reed said...

Let us know how that new laundry soap works out!

My Tata's Cottage said...

I came here to say those darn Red SOx better not let us down! I have never been a fan of the Astros and their fake win in 2018. My father was a Yankees man but as I talk with my middle older brother, I think dad had liked Babe Ruth so much he followed him when he left. Regardless, Go Red Sox and Go Braves! Never been a DOdgers fan either.
Enjoy the mild weather when you can. We have been up and down. We even put the heated blanket on our bed. But night time gets chilly. I like my feet to stay warm. :-)