Thursday, August 26, 2021

Today's A Steamer

August 26, 2021

Good morning.  Today's going to be a hot one!  A good day to stay indoors with a cooling fan.  Or air conditioning.  Try to enjoy these last hurrah days of summer.  In less than a month, we'll be welcoming a new season, Autumn.  Already the days are getting shorter, and soon we'll be complaining about the cold.

Pretty soon it will be time to start wrapping packages and mailing boxes for the Holidays.  Scary, huh?  Time is passing by so quickly now.  Has anyone actually started their holiday gift buying?  I have.  I haven't wrapped them, but I do have a few things already set aside.  

Now I need to get crackin' with my crocheting.  I need to finish up all the projects that I have going.  I think that once the temperatures cool down a bit, it will be easier to crochet for longer periods.  

Some time ago I ordered a seed catalogue.  I'm not planning on buying any seeds, but I'm going to enjoy looking through the catalogue at all the wonderful plants that are available.  I'm hoping that it arrives soon.

Now here's a program I haven't watched in a while.  "The Closer" just came on the TV.  I had forgotten how much I had enjoyed watching it.  After a few hours, "Major Crimes" will be the next mini marathon.  This makes it a great day for watching TV.  

Here's an image that I borrowed from web to share.  I never knew this.  Did you?  I'll have to get me another egg carton and give it a try.

Now I think I'll get a fresh bottle of cold spring water and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oops, my comment disappeared.
Try to do it again.
You have warm weather, here we have at the highest 18-19C, cloudy mostly, it is too low for August/Semptember.
Didn;t know about the egg carton and fruit. We have mostly the fruit on a bowl in the room, (we have small quantities), the taste is best at around room temperature. And it lasts just long enough.
I did already some Christmas shopping, I collect it in a closet, not yet wrapped, that will come later. I still need to do a few more shopping trips to have all.

Have a wonderful day, stay cool,
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

I used to watch "The Closer" all the time. Now I watch the re-runs now and then. I like the TV characters. I went to our State Fair today and thank goodness that our hot weather of 90 degrees is gone for now. It was 67 - 70 degrees and perfect:)

Buttercup said...

I've got to try the egg carton idea for fruit. Thanks!
I started my shopping in Maine last month. Saw some cute things that will be easy to wrap and mail and useful. I may have gotten a little carried away, but I know in December it will be great to have things I need already bought and paid for. Keep cool!