Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wonderful Surprises In The Mail

August 7, 2019

Good morning.  Tis cloudy today and the temperature is 73F degrees.  My phone app says we are having light rain, but I don't see any rain.  Temps today will get up into the mid eighties.  As I type, the sun is trying to peek out from behind a cloud, and there's a lovely breeze. 

Well I had my first appointment with my new heart doctor and it went well.  I brought the notebook that I've  been keeping and my wrist blood pressure kit.   He took my blood pressure first, and then  again with my kit to make sure they were reading the same. They were. 

My blood pressure is coming down, but not enough so he increased one of my meds.  Hopefully, this will do the trick.  I have another appointment for six months from now.  There was a difference of four pounds between his scale and my scale.  However, the problem was my scale.  It seems to have gotten stuck on one weight.  So, I put an item on the scale that only weighted a few pounds.  Afterwards, I weighted myself again on my scale.  Aha!  That did the trick!  Now my scale reads the same as the doctor's scale. 

Just before we left my house, the mailman came and brought me some lovely surprises.  They were get well cards from two of my great grandchildren, Jack Jack and Lilah.  They've been making me hand drawn cards since they were tiny tots.   



What a great way to put a smile on my face that lasts all day!  I am so blessed!

Tomorrow is another busy day.  If I'm up in the wee hours, I'll blog then.  If not, I may not get to blog at all.  Pogo has an early morning appointment at the beauty salon, and then he has an appointment in the afternoon with his doctor to get caught up on his shots and have an overall checkup.  We also need to get a refill for his flea medicine because we only have one more treatment left. 

I think today I may try to fill up a bag for the Goodwill folks.  I have a lot of clothes that I don't wear, and a lot of extra  blankets that I really don't need.  This would be a good time to recycle them.  I also have a couple items that I want to package and put in the mail.  As for my crocheting, I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on it for very long.  So this means that it is going very slowly. 

Now I'm going to figure out some meals for the next couple days.  I want to try using up some of the food in the freezer.  Then I can make up a new shopping list.  I want to pick up some bags of frozen diced green peppers and onions.  These items go bad when I buy them fresh and don't get to use them up soon enough.  When I get them, I shall make a meatloaf. 

Before I leave today, I have an image to share that I borrowed from the web.  Please remember to be kind to all animals.  They are God's children too.


I'm off now.  So, till tomorrow (or Friday) Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Angelicastar said...

I didn't get a chance to read your blog at all yesterday. After chemo, I slept there and at home, all night and part of the morning. I was late waking up to feed my fur babies. They give you Benadryl before the chemo. I did make it home driving okay. My goal was to stop at the grocery store on my way home but after the treatment I was so out of it, I just came home, took care of my fur babies and went to bed. I am still feeling drowsy today but finally awake. I use to ride to my medical appointments with medical transportation, but those people don't care about anyone but themselves. It was 39 degrees outside and 6:30 in the morning and they dropped me off at the doctor's office in the dark and cold and left me outside all alone. The office didn't open until 8:00 I said then this is it because it will be much safer for me to drive myself. So this is what I do now. All they cared about is how many patients they picked up and the money they were making from each one. If everyone thought like me, they would be out of work. I feel much safer driving myself.

Those get well cards are so cute. They are little sweeties. Hope you and Pogo have a great day. I am on my way back to bed now.

LV said...

Glad you got a good report. If you are like me, I have always looked forward to the mailman coming. Started as kid in the country.

Theresa said...

Hope the blood pressure continues to drop, praying for that. You are a busy lady today but I hope it is a good one! HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Happy to hear your appointment with the heart doctor went well. You will have to try to get your bloodpressure lower. Hope the increased meds will be good help.
Gosh, you are busy at the moment! don;t overdo it, you hear. You had a warning from your body and you should listen to it.
I am busy for you looking for some recipes easy to make in short time and low on salt. I will make a collection and then get them to you.
Have a great time at the cabaret.
Hugs for now, cuddle for Pogo.
Kyra