Friday, February 23, 2018

Where Has My Little Dog Gone?

February 23, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 39F degrees, working it's way up to around 44F degrees.  Tomorrow temps will get up into the mid fifties, and then Pogo and I will go out again. 

Tomorrow night Deanne and Eddie and I are going to go to the Paris Cabaret to see Jazzy's last performance there until after the Spring drama at the high school.  I've been looking forward to this all month. 

Yesterday was rather quiet here.  I was busy most of the day, although I don't really remember what it was that kept me so busy.  Just lots of little things I guess.  In between all these little projects, I did my best to eat the last couple of desserts that DIL Janet had brought the night before.  I had some for breakfast, some for lunch and some for an afternoon snack.  It was a tough job, but I did it.  (and yes, I did send a whole box of desserts out to Joe)

When I had my ceramic shop (many years ago) I made these two dishes.  When new glaze colors came in, I would do this so that I could see what the finished glaze would look like.  These two dishes became favorites of mine and I kept them long after I had given most everything else away. (when I closed up the shop)

A few weeks ago, I served Pogo his dinner on one of these plates, and he seemed to really like it, so now they are his new dinner dishes. 

Yesterday, Pogo gave me quite a scare.  I had gone out into the house to distribute the mail, and when I came back in here, my Pogo was nowhere to be found.  I went back out into the house to see if maybe he followed me out there, but no Pogo.  I check everywhere in our little apartment, and still no Pogo.  Now I was really getting nervous.  I retraced my steps for about five more minutes, then I called his name. 

All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw movement from the blanket on my chair.  And yup!!  It did move!  I found Pogo.  He had crawled under the blanket, into a corner of the chair and had fallen asleep.  Here's a photo I snapped.

I just remembered how I spent some of my time yesterday.  I made a few new quick pages so that I don't run out while I'm on vacation.  It's fun making these pages, and time gets away from me.   

The Hot Spot gadget that I had ordered a while ago came last week but it was a bit too confusing for me to set up.  So today, Deanne is coming by to see if she can set it up for me.  I hope so because I want to use this as my Wi Fi in Florida. 

*******I'm back.  I got a phone from a cousin that I haven't heard from in such a long time, and we had such an awesome conversation.  She hasn't been well, and I'm wicked glad to have heard from her.  I've invited her to come sit on my little porch with Pogo and me when the weather gets warmer.  This will be so nice.

Daughter Deanne also just called to say that she is on the way here so it's time for me to take my leave.  Till Sunday, Y'all have a super weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.


gypsyrose said...

Im so glad you are going to get to see Jazzy's last performance after missing the last one hope you have a lovely time, the dishes are so pretty love the colours, naughty Pogo giving you a scare like that but glad you found him safe, take care x

LV said...

Pogo is one spoiled fellow. Hope he realizes what a wonderful home he has.

smiekeltje said...

Those goodies Janet brought along really were tasty and such a lot of them! Isn;t it nice to be scrumptious every now and then???
Oh bad Pogo! Giving you such a scare. Lucky he still was near, only hidden by the blanket.
He really has nice dishes for his food. Very great luxury. He must feel as if being in the Ritz, LOL!
Glad to hear you are feeling better slowly. Now hold on till you get in Florida. And the weather there(hopefully it will be sunny and warm)will get you fully up to your feet again!
Have a great day