Monday, February 19, 2018

Miss Spring Is Doing Her Best To Get Here

February 19, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's cold.  However, it will warm up to the low 40's and keep getting warmer through the night tonight.  The next couple days will be superb with temps in the 60's.  Spring is really working hard to chase Old Man Winter away. 

I'm not really sure what it was that I did yesterday that kept me so busy all day.  Whatever it was, it tuckered me out and I fell asleep early after supper again.  This is not good because then I wake up before midnight and I can't get back to sleep.  Maybe I'll try to get a little nap after lunch today to see if that will help.

Today I need to do a bit of laundry.  I'll probably do a load of Pogo's blankets too.  I like to keep them fresh.  I've started my "what to pack" list and "need to do" list.  Fla Fla is only a week and a half away.  I've checked my small laptop and got a few things put on a thumb drive to update it.  I'll wait until the last minute to charge both batteries for my portable oxygen concentrator. 

I think I'll try driving my car for a while this Wednesday.  Maybe Pogo and I can take a short trip to Ocean State Job Lot to browse a bit.  I'm beginning to feel a bit better.  The cough is letting up a bit and my breathing isn't quite so bad. 

Along with my meds, I've been taking a bunch of vitamins.  Two of them are gummies, so it's not such a chore to take them every day.  They really are quite tasty, and hopefully part of the reason why I'm feeling better.


I borrowed this little poster from the web to let folks around me know not to come anywhere near me if they have any kind of virus bug.  I have a little spray bottle that I'm going to fill up with Lysol.  hahaha. 


I thought I had ordered some little doll bodies a few days ago but they haven't come.  Last night I ordered a new batch of them from Amazon.  These will be here in a couple days.  If the ones that I thought I had ordered arrive too, so be it. 

Aha, now I remember what it was that I did yesterday afternoon.  I read through my whole first year of blogging.  Wow, now that was fun and interesting.  I can't get over all the energy that I had back then.  What a difference just a few (ten) years makes.  Lots of great grandbabies came along since then too.  Plus, the photos took me back to when some of the grown up grandkids were still small.  Maybe tomorrow I'll read through year two. 

Daughter Audrey sent a message via Facebook to let us all know that she and Mac arrived in Austria yesterday.  It was a super long flight (and she doesn't like flying!) but now that they are there, they can begin to enjoy their surroundings.  I can't wait to see a few photos. 

I borrowed another cute photo from the web to share with you.  This is a photo of an adorable little planter named Groot.  Isn't he just the cutest little thing? 


This reminds me that I have a lot of plant rootings that are needing to be put into pots.  Maybe I can get this done before leaving for vacation. 

Pogo's doctor called yesterday to give me the results of all his tests.  Everything came back good, except for one thing that hinted he might be borderline for Lyme Disease.  However, he has no symptoms and is doing really well.  So the doctor said we'll just watch him and re-take the test next year as long as nothing pops up before then.

Well, I've about chewed your ear off by now so I'll take my leave.  The breakfast dishes are waiting to be washed but first I'll do a bit of blog reading.  I like to start my day visiting my blog friends.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

LV said...

Glad you are feeling better. It is hard to have any kind of good day now with all the flu and shootings. Take care.

Angelicastar said...

I will be praying for Pogo. I came online just in time to get the results. Let's hope nothing happen. I know ticks will cause lime disease. I hope he didn't get it from the fleas he caught over a year ago. I am not sure if they would cause it either. Humans also can get lime disease. I know my little boy will be just fine. Thanks for the photo. (lol) It's an addition to my Pogo photo collection. Take care of yourself and try not to get around anyone with the flu or a cold. So many of our children have died because of the flu. Take care of Pogo for me.

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
Lyme disease is really scary. I hope that it is not the case with our baby boy. Only ticks carry Lyme disease. It is possible that he got a tick before you got him. I will certainly be praying for our little guy that there is no problem.

I smiled when I saw your "Groot Planter." Groot is a character in the movie The Guardians Of The Galaxy. We went to see the movie in the theater. It was such a cute movie and then Baby Groot was born in the end. I have Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 but haven't watched it yet. I might just sit down today and watch it.

I have my can of Lysol ready to spray as well. Yesterday I got some of the Emergen-C but mine is in powder form. I put mine in a bottle of water and drink up. It helped me with the flu and I am taking it now. I have not seen the gummies. I should look for those.

It does you good to read back thru your photo/blog books. My sister has kept a diary since she was 18 and still writes in it to this day. She is 4 years younger than you. When we have family questions she will go to her diaries and see what information she had written down.

I am off to write in my own blog. I tend to take a bit longer writing mine. Always struggle with things to say sometimes. Hugs, Beth and Cisco and LOTS of LOVE for Pogo. You have a wonderful day my friend.