Monday, February 26, 2018

It's Super Crunch Time!

February 26, 2018

Good morning.  Tis cloudy this morning, but the sun will probably make an appearance later today.  The temperature is 41F degrees, and will work it's way up to the low 50's in a couple of hours.  I can definitely dig it!  I'm ready to welcome Miss Spring with open arms!

Well, Pogo and I have reached super crunch time.  Today we have to set up the suitcase and start putting things into it so that we know what we are taking with us to Fla Fla.  I've already set aside some clothes for both of us.  I also need to start packing my carry on bag.  This one is very important because it will have the most important items in it.  (laptop, camera, meds, etc.)

Are we getting excited?  Oh yes!  In just six more days, we'll be on a plane flying to the sunshine state.  It's going to feel so good to get away from the cares and worries of this big old house for a while. 

Aside from the furnace going on the fritz over the weekend, the baking element in the kitchen stove oven broke a few days ago.  After doing a bit of research, Joe and I were able to get the part number that had broken and found a place locally that had the part in stock.  Joe picked up the part and was able to fix the stove. 

You know, I love my big old house, but there is always something needing attention.  When I get back from vacation, I want to seriously dig in and start getting rid of a lot of things.  Because it's such a big house, there's a lot of stuff that I just don't need to hang onto any more.  This will be a big task, but I'll just do a bit each day.  Hopefully, this will work.

Today, I went into my photo archives and dug out a couple photos of my little guy on his first trip to Florida.  You know, he hasn't changed a bit in my eyes.  He's still the cutest little fellow to me. 


 
The first photo was Pogo basking in the warm air on our little porch (at our condo) and the second photo was of Auntie Audrey taking him for his first walk around the resort.  It never gets old folks.  Every year is a brand new adventure for my little guy.  It's such fun to watch him getting excited about everything he comes across. 

Tomorrow morning Pogo has an appointment with his groomer at ten o'clock.  So, unless I get up early, I'll be posting a bit late tomorrow.  I may try to get an appointment to have my nails done this week too.  They really are starting to look wicked awful.  We both want to look pretty for our vacation. 

Now I have some dishes waiting to be washed in the kitchen sink.  I also want to do a bit of blog reading before I get started on today's chores.  Sad to say, there are fewer and fewer blogs to read now.  It seems that so many blogger folks have cut way back on posting to their blogs.  Hmm, that's so sad.  I do miss  them.

I'm off now.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
Crunch time it is for Fla Fla.... I am gathering things myself! Pogo is just the cutest little guy! I just love his little shirt! He is smiling away and content, just the way we like to see him.

I was up early, posted my blog and went back to bed. Then I got up and arranged all of my doctor appointment transportation needs except for one of them. I am hoping that Jonathan can take me to have the labs drawn on March 1st before we have to be at the eye clinic. After I get done with the eye injection I know I will want to come straight home and lay down the rest of the day.

It is time for me to find some lunch. Take care of you and Pogo and I will see you soon!!!!
Love Beth and Cisco!