Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Oh My, So Much To Do, So Little Time!

February 28, 2018

Good morning.  It's not quite one o'clock in the morning, but I had a nap after supper and now I'm awake.  I thought I may as well post now, then maybe I can sleep a bit later in the morning.  Today is going to be another gorgeous day in the mid fifties.  This is good because I have more errands to do.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was quite the busy day for Pogo and me.  Pogo had an early morning appointment at the beauty salon, but when we got there, we found that the groomer had an emergency with one of her doggies, so we left a message and went on our way.

First we had to go to the bank, make a deposit and put a few things in the safety box.  Then we were off to the Post Office to buy some international stamps.  Next we went to the gun store.  I wanted to leave my gun for a cleaning, and they will keep it there until I get back from vacation.  This makes me feel much better.  I did not want to be leaving it in the house while I was gone.

On the way home, we stopped at McDonalds for some take out for lunch.  As soon as we got home and started to eat our lunch, the groomer called to say that she was back and could we come back in.  So, off we went again.  Here's a photo of my handsome little guy.  Of course, he is not going to smile for the camera.  He likes to make me really work hard for my photos of him.

Once we got back home, it was time for the Fire Department inspector to come by and inspect our new fuel tank.  We passed with flying colors.  He told us that the fellow who did the installation was one of the best around. 

While the inspector was here, we asked him a lot of questions about how to dispose of old or used fire extinguishers.  We also asked how long they should be kept in the home before replacing them.  We got a lot of great information.  Also, the inspector told us that when we get ready to dispose of the ones that are in the house, we can call him and he will pick them up.  As long as the extinguishers work, they are used for demonstrations.  This was good to know.

One of the carbon monoxide alarms that we checked decided to stop working.  Even with a new battery, it would not work properly.  So, tomorrow, I need to go to the store and pick some new alarms.  I like to keep extras on hand for just in case.  We were going to be replacing the fire extinguishers soon so I'll pick up some new ones while I'm out. 

Gosh, the busier I get, the quicker time seems to be flying by me.  After this, I only have three days left to take care of everything before it's time to leave for the airport.  Oh wow, so much to do, so little time!

Today I have a new quick page for you.  This time I thought I would have a bit of fun and infuse a little music into the page.  The Yellow Rose of Texas is such a happy song.  I hope you can have fun with this one.

Here is your download link:

Now I think I'll try to catch a few winks again.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
Thank you for the QP and I love it. It is one of my favorite songs! Your right, it is such a Happy song and it is now stuck in my head. I had a box of tissues once that had yellow roses on it and the words to the song. I kept the box for a long time before finally throwing it out when we moved.

Pogo is so handsome. I know that he makes you work really hard for these great pictures. But they sure turn out cute when you do get them.

Your day was really busy. I am glad that you were able to get some questions answered from the Fire inspector. Isn't it great that they will pick up your older ones? Also good thing that you found out that your monitor wasn't working. They are very important to have.

Almost time to get on the air plane. I will call you later on with details and some questions. It may be this evening since I have to have a test done today. Hugs to both you and Pogo and have a super awesome day.... xxoxoxoxoxo Beth and Cisco