Monday, October 17, 2016

October Is Adopt A Shelter Dog Month

October 17, 2016

Good morning.  Tis another beautiful morning here in my little part of the world.  Oh my, I see we have a few days of a mini heat wave coming with temps in the low 70's.  Woo Hoo!  I can absolutely handle this!! 

Yesterday afternoon, Pogo and I sat out on the porch for a while, then we took a nice long walk around the yard.  My goodness, there are so many new smells added to the yard every day, so Pogo was in doggie heaven running from one new smell to another. 

Later, after supper, I felt pretty good so I had me a glass of Bud Lite.  Mmmm, that tasted so good, and refreshing.  And, it didn't even make me tired.  I washed my glass and put it away, and settled in to watch a bit of TV.  I woke up about two hours later!

Folks, this month is Adopt A Shelter Dog month, so if you've been thinking about getting a doggie, please check your local shelters.  There are so many beautiful doggies (and kitties too!) who are waiting there, just hoping for someone like you to come along and take them home with you.  In case you didn't know it, my Pogo came to me from a shelter.  There's gold in "them there shelters" folks, so go get yourself some!


While I was poking around on the web, I found the most adorable photo (author unknown) of a different colored squirrel.  Wow, I thought I had seen all the different colors of these curious little critters, but I've never seen one with this color variation.  Gosh, it is so adorable!


This morning, Pogo and I have to take a ride to the bank, and then to the Post Office to mail off another batch of bills.  God bless those bill collectors, they do like to keep us on our toes.  Well, at least it is a beautiful day to get out for a little while.

Well, time is fleeting by and if I don't get dressed and leave, the morning will be gone.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

So wonderful to have gorgeous temps coming your way. It is pretty here too. It will heat up to the low to mid 90's today so I enjoyed my coffee out on my little patio and watched the clouds whiz by. Then I cooked Cisco and I and Jonathan an omelet and toast. My little boy loved his treat. Not often does he get his kibble and a home cooked breakfast.

Our shelter here is having an ongoing adoption for the next 3 months. They are waiving the adoption fee and are vaccinating all doggies and kitties for free. So all they are asking is for a donation at the time of adoption. Yes Mam, there is Gold in them shelters. I wish that I could get a playmate for Cisco but after much deliberation we have decided against it. Right now we just can't afford a new pet fee and we have the issue of potty breaks as it is not easy for me to take Cisco out when the boys are at work.

A Bud Light sounds good. I am not much of a beer drinker but I do enjoy one every once in a while. Today sounds like one of those days. I might have to check out what is on tap in our fridge a little later on today.

I have not seen a squirrel in the shades of color as the one that you borrowed from the web. How adorable. He/She must be quiet unique and special to have such a gorgeous coat.

The man came and fixed my stove. Yay.. No more burned cornbread or pizza to catch on fire! Yes the first pizza we ever cooked the second night that we moved in caught on fire. What a scary situation at the time. Then Patsy asked for cornbread and it burned to the point that I was afraid I would never get the burned off my pan but luckily after soaking it a few days and scrubbing with a SOS pad I saved it. It was the thermostat.

It is Spaghetti for dinner tonight. I might make it early as in the evenings I really get tired.
Take care and have a wonderful day. Much love from Cisco and myself to you and Pogo... Hugs... Beth

smiekeltje said...

Sounds you had a pretty good day yesterday You were able to walk around the yard and then enjoy a beer and then also slept for a gorgeous two hours! Wow.
Good action from the shelters We have those here too I just hope that the people who adopt a dog or cat, really thought it over and not do it because they saw a lot of advertising or little fims on tv and are touched by it That happenes too and it is such a bad thing, because then a lot of them return soon to a shelter or worse
I was pretty good yesterday too, I did prune a lot of the ivy at the back of the garden( it is growing like mad) and today Jan will make bundles of it so I can call for a pick up.
Will be nice to get rid of the stuff.
Today will not be such a good day, speaking of weather, later today they expect rain and at the coast a rather fearce wind, so I better do some shopping in the morning, when it still is pretty good.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra