Thursday, May 22, 2014

It's Stess Test Day

May 22, 2014

Good morning.  It's looking a bit cloudy outside, so I guess maybe that rain is going to catch up with us after all.  That will definitely slow down the street work that is going on in front of my house.  The town is cleaning the main water pipes. 

They have to run temporary water lines to every house and building on the street (a very long street) and all the side streets, then re-hook each building up to a temporary water supply, then clean out the main water pipes, then re-hook us all back to our original water hook-ups.

I know, it sounds complicated and I suppose it is.  I'm wondering where the temporary water supply is coming from.  Why not just shut off the water supply for a few hours, clean the main water pipe, then turn the water back on?  I suppose then they would not have an excuse to come into our basements? 

I don't like letting strangers into my house or basement when I am home alone.  Maybe they will wait till Joe gets home from work to come in.  I have become very cautious in my elder doddering years.  Funny, I will fly hundreds of miles away to meet a total stranger, but I am cautious about a strange man working on the road by my house.  Go figure! 

Today I have photos that I took showing different views of my trees.  I love how the different textures and colors mix, and they are especially beautiful when the sun is shining through them.  Mother Nature certainly does know how to put on a colorful show.




Here's a photo showing one of the bird houses that Joe hung in the trees, and a photo of the squirrel feeder.   Sometimes we fill the feeder with corn, other times with left over bread.  Other times, we sprinkle peanuts on the ground for them.  Some of the birds like the peanuts too.



I've been working on the brown afghan, and have about a third of it done.  As soon as the red, white and blue yarn gets here, I'll set the brown afghan aside and work on a patriotic afghan.  I have till next March to finish all the BDafghans on my "to do" list.  In between, I have a few smaller projects in the works.

After I finally retire, I may even try making a quilt.  Mind you, this is only a thought at the moment.  I like having different craft projects to work on.  When I get tired of one, I pick up another for a while.

This afternoon I have two appointments for stress tests.  I am not looking forward to these, but I will do my best.  However, I am not going to let them put in an IV line to put something in my system that will make my heart race quicker or harder.  Here, I draw the line.  Hopefully the good doctor won't get too upset when I say no.  Yes, I know.  I'm a brat.  But it is my body.

Now it is time to get a few things done around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

In all of my years I have never heard of such a method of cleaning out water pipes. I have had them turn the water off ... they give you at least 24 hour notice, so you can save some drinking water and a bucket full of water so you can flush your toilet ... But what they are doing at your house sounds crazy. And I don't blame you for wanting some stranger tromping through your house. In this day and age you never know what will happen. Make sure your valuables are in a safe place.

A quilt ... wow, that is an undertaking. My Granddaughter and I made a small one when she was younger. It took us several weekends to finish it ... it turned out really cute and she took it home with her for her bed. It was quite a project.

So it is stress test day ... I hate those myself and haven't had one in quite awhile. Just relax and do the best you can do. It is good to know how the little ticker is running. Hope all goes well. Well, while I have some rare time, I guess I will go out do some work on the hill. It will be midsummer before I get it all cleaned up ... I just do a little at a time because it is hard to work on a hill and at my age I have to be very careful about falling. So you have a good day, Edna. Hope everything goes well with the stress test. Loves to Pogo ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Your trees are lovely and I think a quilt would be a fun project, but then again that would be my first choice of things to make.
Good luck on the stress test...I was stressed out just hearing about it.

smiekeltje said...

Those maple trees are awesome!!
Oh goody, you have waterworks close to you. How wonderful! Don;t know why they won't just shut off the water for a while. Probably because that will last too long. You are right being careful of who you let into your house. Normally it will not be a problem, with guys working for the council or so, but be sure you ask them for identification. They should have a special pass, well, they do have here. It's not a complete garantee, but helps.
Hmmmm, stess test oday, yippee!
Hope it will be done with soon, without too much effort an such.
Gosh, are you really planning making a quilt? Looking forward to see it.
Make most of the day, take care.
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

I love your variety of trees, so pretty!

There is a big difference between a city worker, who is notoriously impersonated by neerdowells looking for access into people's homes and meeting someone in person that you do know as a friend on the internet. Ask yourself if you'd fly thousands of miles to have coffee with the worker you don't know. If the answer is "no," then being cautious is good. :)

I had a stress test at the end of last year and for those that can't do the treadmill walking shooting up is the only option to do the test. It was a MOST unpleasant thing! The only up part of it was that after they are done with the test they prescribe coffee (or anyway a caffeine source) to get the drug out and balance your system.

Hugs, Nani