Thursday, May 8, 2014

I Am Blossoming In All This Sunshine

May 8, 2014

It's looking like another gorgeous day here in my little part of New England.  I just love it!!  When the sun shines and the temps warm up a bit, I seem to get a lot of my energy back.  Yesterday, I was able to annoy quite a few of the dust bunnies that share my living space, and today I'm going to spend a couple of hours shredding the two bags full of papers that I've been saving (for the shredder). 

DIL Janet was here last night, and showed me the progress she had made on the afghan she is making.  It really did look nice, but because  there were some boo boos way back in the beginning, she had to rip most of it out and start over.  By the time she left to go home, she had put back almost all the rows.  Good job Janet!

I only have about thirty one more rows to finish the blue afghan.  Now I shall have fun picking out the colors for the next one.  I don't know yet who will get the blue afghan, but it doesn't matter.  I'll put it in a plastic cover until I decide. 

Today I have a pretty photo of a cardinal that I took a couple of days ago from my kitchen window.  He looks a bit orangey, but that's because the sun was shining on him.  (I think.)  Isn't he just gorgeous?  Photos were taken with the Canon SX50 HS.  The cardinal was sitting in a tree across the yard. 



I am impressed with the quality of the photos that this camera takes, which is good because it means I don't always have to take my DSLR with me.

While I was looking through some old photos the other day, I came across one of my favorite shots of my Michael and me, and his brother.  My hubby is the tall handsome fellow with all the black hair.  This photo was taken back in the late 70's or very early 80's. 


Michael and I were enjoying a very relaxing vacation in Poland Springs, Maine.  Did I say it was relaxing?  It absolutely was!!  We were the only couple there under the age of 70.  Thirty years ago, the 70+ group wasn't quite as active as they are today.  However, we did have a wonderful time there.

Before I settle down with the shredder, I think I'll  take Pogo out in the yard for a little while and let him run naked in the sunshine.  When it's chilly in my house, I put a shirt on him, but when it's warm he gets to run around in his birthday suit.  With all the colds and viruses going around, I don't want him catching a chill.

Now it's time for me to get dressed and start on this beautiful new day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

Those are beautiful pictures. I wish I had a nice camera.
Your shredding post gave me chills. My husband's shredder Blew up at work yesterday while he was using it. He burnt his hand pretty bad. He burnt his hair and arms and forehead. We spent several hours in the emergency room last night. Amazingly he is doing well. Be careful.

The Queen Jester said...

Michael was very handsome and you were so darn cute!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I must live in the pits ... yesterday I was wearing a coat and today it is too hot to go out. I was going to cut my grass this morning and one of our little boy Orioles hit my neighbors window ... he sat for a long time so I knew I had to take him in to Fellow Mortals (the closest rehab ... and the best, I might add). I scooped him up and put him in a paper bag and off I went. He had head trauma and no other injuries so I am hoping that I will be able to pick him up if he recovers and release him while his friends are still here. We have a large group of Orioles this year ... more than usual. Anyway, back to the issue at hand ... when I got back from taking my bird in, it was too hot to cut the grass and there was no shade in the back yard. I would have passed out, so now I am waiting until tomorrow ... but, now they are telling us that it is going to rain very hard tonight so I may not be able to cut it tomorrow ... I will have something akin to a wheat field by the time I am able to do it ... oh my:(

I have to correct the Queen here ... she said "you were so dam cute" ... really, Queen, were?(wink, wink!) I say you are still looking pretty dam good ... and you and Micheal made a beautiful pair. I am sorry he is not still with you. Life is hard sometimes.

Well, believe it or not, it is three minutes to five and my gang is all lined up on the counter in the kitchen (yes, I know, I have to feed my cats on the counter because Izzi is a thief ... there now you know our dirty little secret. Izzi will eat the cats food before they can say MEOOOOOW, so that's my compromise). So must go ... hope your day stayed beautiful and your nude baby was able to get some sun :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

That photo of the cardinal is beautiful! And look wghat a special color combination of the red leaves of the tree (is it a Japanese maple?) and the bright red of the cardinal. Awesome!

Pogo will love to run "naked"in the garden in the sunshine LOL.
Oh, all those memories that come back with old photos!
I know you miss your Michael every day, so in one way, your heart ackes a bit, and in the other way it will bring a smile too.
And you are so pretty! And gosh, Michael was a tall guy!

Have a good day, be careful with the shredder!
Hugs
Kyra