Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reminds Me Of A Little Poem

March 10, 2013

Good morning.  It's just wonderful here, sunny and warm.   Gosh, I can hardly stand it!  lol.  Well this morning, Pogo and I went with Audrey to wait for her shuttle bus that is taking her to the airport.  She's only been gone a little while, and I already miss her.  You have a safe flight Audrey.

This morning while Audrey was enjoying her coffee on the porch, she came running in all excited, grabbed my camera and ran out the door.  She came back all happy, with photos of a hot air balloon that had passed over our place.


I brought my coffee out on the porch to enjoy our last little "sit down" together.   Can you tell how much Pogo loves his Auntie Audrey?


Now Su, who arrived late yesterday afternoon, is another story.  Pogo barks at her every chance he gets.  If she wants to move off her chair, I have to pick Pogo up first so he won't go after her legs.  Of course, he can't bite her, but he sure can make her pants legs a bit sloppy and wet from chewing on them.  This is really strange because Pogo normally loves most all women and girls.  Go figure!

Last night, we had DiGiorno Pizza for supper.  What a surprise we got when we went looking for the pizza pan.  There is none.   At this point, we went into creative mode, and got out the large roasting pan.  We settled the pizza in the roasting pan, and popped it into the oven.  Worked pretty good if I must say so myself!


Seeing Audrey off this morning has put a bit of a blue note on the day.  I'm a sentimental old fool when it comes to seeing my babies off on a trip, whether it be by land or air.  Reminds me of many moons ago when we all went to the airport to see Audrey and her new Swedish and Norwegian friends off.  She was going to be spending a month in Sweden with one, and a month in Norway with the other.  I was so melancholy when I got home, I sat down and wrote her a poem.  It started out ....."Today my little bird has flown......".

Good Lord, let's not get me started here.  lol.   Well I won't write any poems today.  Instead, I'm going to package up some freebies to post for you tomorrow.  This month, we're taking a break from the kits, and Su and I will be posting you some freebies each of the next three Mondays.  After that, we'll get back into "kit" mode.

Now I'm off to catch up on my emails and have another cup of coffee.  The sunshine out on the porch is sooooo inviting.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Currie Silver said...

;~D

The Queen Jester said...

Very clever using the roaster for a pizza. Necessity really is the mother of invention.

smiekeltje said...

If I am still in good memory, Sue has a dog too?
Perhaps its the smell of that dog that turns on Pogo????
Well, may be he gets to his senses after a bit more time with Sue LOL.
Don't be too sad about Audrey, think of the great time you spent together. And the ones still to come.
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

Pizza Roast! heheh...I had pizza salad yesterday for lunch,. It looks less like a pizza than your roast! ;)