Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pigs Are Pretty Smart These Days

March 23, 2013

Good morning on this sunny and cold Saturday.  33 degrees F.  BRRRRR!  There is another storm, Virgil, on its way here.  Gosh, what has happened to Spring?  Does she not know that she is supposed to be here now?   The weatherman says that later in the week we should have a few nice days.  I will try not to get too excited about it until I can see that it is going to stay.

Pogo and I have a couple of errands to do this morning, and then we'll take it easy the rest of the day.  Tonight is a work night so maybe we can catch a little nap later today.  We'd rather be outside digging in the dirt but oh, well.

Yesterday, Joe cleaned out all our garden areas and uncovered lots of plants pushing up through the dirt.  I just hope he did not do this too soon.  We could be looking at more snow by Monday.  Home Depot has a huge garden center and I can't wait to go there and buy some new plants.  This year we want to plant more Rose Of Sharon.  My lilac plants did not live so I'd like to buy a newer, bigger one and try again.

This morning I have some nice photos to share of an Egret that we saw in Florida.  No, I did not take these photos.  Audrey took them.  My photos did not come out as good as hers.  We did not see very many of these beautiful birds, and when we did they were usually too far away.  We found this one near a small pond.




We are watching a commercial featuring a pig driving a convertible and he has just been stopped by the police.  When asked for his license and ID, he hands the policeman his cell phone which has all his information on it.  Wow, this pig is a lot smarter than me. 

I make phone calls on my cell phone, and sometimes I get to answer a call on it.  I never know that I've gotten a text (or even a call sometimes) until the sender asks me if I ever got the message.  Of course, I usually leave the phone in my purse.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Ah well, enough of my prattle.  It's time to get dressed and start this new day.  I hope that Virgil is not causing any of you much trouble.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

So sorry that winter just won't leave for y'all. It tried to stick its head back here, but we got some much needed lovely raindrops this morning and no hail, but lots of lightning strikes and very loud thunder that scared me and my girls.
Supposed to get some more tonight and then be very cool tomorrow, guess I will put a light sheet over my new plants just in case, but it is supposed to stay above freezing! Just getting to 35.
All the outside kitties love the little places I have for them to reside in when it is cold or wet.
Well, hope you got to catch a nap before work, have a good night, chat more next time. Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Some commercials have a bit of humor in it, thank God! Most of them are very boring and also at times real stupid, and they are veryirritating when commercial breaks pop up in the middle of a film. I hate that!
Just by the time you are into the story, tadaaaa, commercial break of 5 to 10 minutes.
That's why we like to register on dvd, because then you can skip the commercials LOL.
Try to have a nice nap, before you go to work.
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I wonder if that commercial intended the irony of having a pig being the driver. I am not one that calls policemen pigs, but I do realize it is a term some others use. I don't think I will ever figure out my smart phone. And I forgot to add on your other post that I also need my mouse near me at all times to run the comuter also. I'm using the built in one right now as we are waiting for the plane and in the airport - no room for my mousepad and mouse, barely enough space for this big honking computer I drag around. I would like to get one of the smaller notepads someday and have started to research them. Sigh. Yet another electronic torture device to conquer.