Friday, March 15, 2013

Oh, I Am Getting Too Smart For My Pants!

March 15, 2013

It's 6:30 a.m., cool and quite dark outside.  Su and Pogo are still sleeping and I have been quietly sitting here making my list of things to do before it's time to pack up the suitcase again.  There is a UPS store down the road a ways that I want to check out today.  Perhaps I can mail a few things home to lighten the suitcase a bit.  We'll see.

Yesterday we stayed in and played on the computer.  Su was not up to par so we decided to do the flea market today.  This was good for me because I had the chance to learn a few more things in Photoshop.  Su is super smart with Photoshop, and has been teaching me so many things. 

Remember the photo that I posted a few days ago showing the view from my porch?  Well, I used that photo for my learning project.  I added some plants, flowers and birds, then put Audrey and Pogo in the picture too.  (Their photo was taken out in the parking lot near the dumpster)

I was able to learn shadow and lighting techniques, as well as improve on extractions.   I even had to remember to put the "screen" on the new items.  (I took the original photo from inside a screened porch.)   All in all, I was quite happy with my "new" picture.  Can you find all the "new" things that I added?


I also spent some time trying to do "photo blending" but was not very successful at following the tutorial.  Later today I will give it another try.   I also worked on a new "photo manipulation"  project that Su is teaching at Digital Whisper.   Alas, I cannot do just a little bit and then stop.  So I kept going until I had my project picture finished. 

Here is a preview showing the pictures that I used, the artist names, and the steps that I took to make my picture.   All except the yellow rose and the sea gull were downloaded from Deviant Art.


And here is my finished project.  Again, I was able to use the lighting, shadow and extractions skills and more.  Not too shabby, I think, for my first attempt.


I'm just hoping that I can remember all this good stuff that Su is teaching me later when I get home and she is not close at hand to help me.  I do write it all down, but sometimes I forget what my notes mean. 

My friend Nani at The Chronicles of Nani was asked if she could write a limerick about herself.  So, I thought I might try my hand at it too.  Here's my first try (and maybe my last!).

Me and my little dog Pogo
Are always on the go go
Especially if the day has sun
Then we can have a lot of fun
But when it rains we no go.
 
Yes I know, it's quite corny, but it was fun trying.  I haven't done this since I was a kid.  Back then, it was easy to think up a little rhyme.  When you get older, you think too much on how it sounds, so then it becomes a bit more difficult to write the limerick.
 
Now it's time to make another cup of coffee and start my new day.  Rhoda, if you are reading this, it is 7:19 a.m. and daylight is just beginning.  lol.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Nani said...

I found the toughest part of the limerick was getting "Nantucket" out of my mind. :) I really wanted to use it and make t funny because everyone jokes about it when they say "limerick." Although Ive written a couple of serous poems, I'm not a poetry fan and I usually write "bad poems" - they always rhyme and they are funny. But with the limerick, once I let it be okay not to have Nantucket in it, it was a little easier. ;)

Your project turned out great! The only thing that looks a little out of place to me is that the girl doesn't look comfortable. Oh she does look comfortable but I just can't imagine that sitting on the rocks the way she's dressed is comfortable. I wouldn't be. hehe

I want to save the photo with Audrey and Pogo in it and compare it side by side with the original and see if I can pick out all the additions. (I LOVE spot the differences puzzles!)

I hope Su is feeling up to flea marketing today. Enjoy your last few days of Florida this trip!

Hugs, Nani

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow, you have been very busy. It is always fun to learn new tricks isn't it? You did a fabulous job for just learning. Glad you and Su are having a good time. I love the one of Audrey and Pogo. I saw at least 2 birds, lots of flowers and love the shadowing too. Great job. I like the roses that you did black/white too! Enjoy your last few days before having to return to colder weather! hugs for you, Pogo and Su too! :)

Cassandra said...

Wow, I like the finished one. Thumbs up for that!

Stopping from Mandarin Orange Monday- hope you can stop by.

Anonymous said...

It looks like had so much fun making these!
very creative!

aquascrap said...

I think you have done an excellent job with your photo transformations. You are lucky to have Su with you to show you how to do it. I would like someone to tell/show me in easy talk how to do extractions.

Your holiday has seem to flown by. Hope you enjoy the remaining days.

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

Oh my you are doing a lot new stuff in Photoshop LOL.
I is fun, hmmmm, to try and when it works out you can feel so happy about yourself LOL.
Pity the holiday is almost over already. I think may be one part of you doesn;t want to go yet and another part of you is longing for home, isn;t it?
I hope you will have some more free days when you get home, to get used to that,before you will have to go to work again?
Anyway, enjoy your last couple of days to the full, and safe return!
Hug
Kyra