Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Daylight Comes Late Here

March 13, 2013

Gosh, this daylight savings isn't so great in the morning.  It's after 6:30 a.m. and it's still very dark outside.   I liked it much better when daylight came very early.  It sort of gives the new day a great start. 

Ah well.  This morning we'll have to be doing a bit of grocery shopping.  The cupboards are looking rather bare.   Just like my vacation photo folder.  Sad to say, I haven't taken very many photos while I've been here.   I thought for sure I'd go home with the folder overflowing.  However, I just haven't seen very many birds or flowers yet. 

I'm watching the Weather Channel, and it shows the hot temps returning here beginning next Saturday.  When I leave to go home, the temps here will be in the mid to high 80's F.  But that means that the temps back home will be getting warmer too.  And that means that it will be time to do a bit of pruning in the garden and shopping for new plants.  Yes!

This year I want to buy some new Citrosa and Lemon Thyme plants for both gardens.  Crushing the leaves of these plants and rubbing the oil on your skin helps to keep the mosquitoes away from you.  Rub some on your pets too.

Today, I have photos of Hibiscus to share.  These plants are beginning to bud and blossom now that the temperature is getting warmer.  I think these are just beautiful.




I just looked out the patio door, and it is still very dark out there.  There is just a slight hint in the sky that daybreak isn't too far off.  Wow, I don't remember it being dark like this at 7:05 a.m. before.  Usually, daybreak gets earlier every morning this time of year.  I think.  Wow, I need to get out from under my little rock pile more often.  Nature is changing constantly.

I've been checking emails to while away some time to see when daylight starts.  Now it is 7:25 a.m. and daylight has begun.  I definitely do not remember daylight starting this late before.  Is it just me?  Has anyone else noticed this too? 

Pogo is still sleeping.  Poor little fellow had to get up in the middle of the night to bark at Su, who had come downstairs to get something.  He's getting a little bit used to her, and only barks at her if she moves.  Seems weird because he normally takes to women right away. 

Well now I'm going to make another cup of coffee.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning Miss Edna and Pogo and Su too! We are not used to daybreak so late because they keep moving back the daylight savings time. It used to be in April, then the end of March, and now the early part of March. It is not nature, but MAN that keeps messing with the natural progression of time because we are so greedy to have more daylight time after work. Why not move up the time to start work and finish earlier instead of messing with the clocks? LOL! And why spring break before spring arrives? (I think I need another coffee so I can get off this soapbox).
Anyhow, enjoy your trip for grocery shopping and your few days left of your vacation. I hope the weather at home is becoming a little more conducive to you being able to work in your spring garden!
Enjoy your day and your visits with Su. Hugs to all! Mat

smiekeltje said...

Soon the daylight will come sooner and also staying longer in the evening.
Can't wait for it to happen.
Weather seems to het a bit better here, yesterday it was still fresh but out of the wind and in the sun it was even nice for a moment.
Hug
Kyra

Anonymous said...

This is a topіc whiсh is nеar to my hеart.
.. Beѕt wiѕhеѕ! Εxactly ωhеre are yοur contаct dеtailѕ though?


Heге is my ѕite - Chemietoilette