Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Can This Be The Start Of Spring?

March 26, 2013

Good morning.  It's a beautiful, sunny Tuesday morning.  The weatherman is promising warmer temps close to 50 degrees F.  The rest of the week should be between 48 and 53 degrees.  Gosh almighty, dare I think that Spring is coming?

I've been watching re-runs of Law& Order on TV, and I can't believe how many shows I've missed.  It's almost like watching a brand new series.  I even like the re-runs that I have seen before.  They are so much better than some of the programs that are offered.

Last night I learned something new about my blog.  There is a page that I can go into and see all my comments before they are published.  Sometimes I'm a little slow on the draw.  I was not aware of this page.  Would you believe there were over 2700 of these spam comments?   It took a while but I got rid of all of them.  Phew!

After that I went through some of my photos from the last few days to see which ones I could share here.  I thought I would share something interesting with you.  When you take a lot of photos, don't be in such a rush to get rid of the bad ones.  Sometimes a little tweaking in Photoshop can produce a really nice photo from one that should have been tossed.  Here's an example.  First the original photo, then the "tweaked" version.



I also have a photo of some jonquils working their way up through the snow.  It's a sign of hope that good weather might be right around the corner.  Hopefully, if the temps can stay up around 50 for a while, we can get rid of a lot of the snow.


Speaking of snow, I looked out the window around 3:30 a.m. and my car was covered in new fallen snow.  I really really hope this is the end of the snow.  My old bones are getting a permanent chill.  lol.

While I played with the photos on my laptop, Pogo was curled up in a comforter on the recliner chair dreaming doggie dreams.  I can't help taking photos of him.  He is just so cute.


I hope I'm not coming down with a cold.  The last few days, I've had the sniffles and today my throat is scratchy and a bit sore.  I was hoping to get out for a while today, but I may just stay inside instead.  Maybe I'll make some hot tea with honey and curl up in a nice warm blanket.  We'll see.

Right now, I'm going to rustle up some breakfast for myself and Pogo.  So, till tomorrow Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

Wow, you're really having spam issues! I hope comment moderation discourages them as well for you as it did for me. I didn't have as much spam as 2700, but I had a decent amount. I did switch to comment moderation almost as soon as I switched to blogger in 2008. There probably weren't as many spammers attacking Blogger then.

Photoshop does some wonderful things for photos that may seem like bad ones. I love your tweaked shot!

I know what you mean about not being able to help yourself with Pogo photos. I have a ton of car photos too! If Morgan ends up not staying with us, in just 6 weeks I already have just a ton of scrapbook pages to remember her with. (I still want her to stay, but I think it might be getting to be too much for Kaline and Carla.)

We still haven't topped 45 for a high 6 days into spring, but at 42 today, it did melt the snow. Now it's just gloomy and brown again. I do hope Mother Nature wakes up and reads her calendar soon!

Hugs, Nani

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I may actually have time to comment and get caught up on your blog ... I was supposed to take my friend to her hair cut, but she just cancelled. So, I decided to come see you:)

You have been having some interesting days, I have to say. Sounds almost like me ... only I used to lock myself out of my car not the house. The car I have now, won't lock if the key is inside so I haven't had that problem for awhile. I am thinking there must be a lot of people who do that because otherwise why would they design a car to prevent it. And going to the store without a list (and even sometimes I have a list) and forgetting what I am there for ... that's me. Sometimes if I wonder around like you, I will think of it, but otherwise, it's bags full of stuff I not only don't need, but probably shouldn't have ... hmmmmm. Old age is a trip, isn't it?

I love your orange car and I like the way you did it ... I didn't even know that PS had a "replace color" option ... where is it. When I think of the time I take getting the color out of the wrong places so I can have an organge tractor, or whatever, I am going to be spewing interesting language if I find out I can just "replace color"! Hmmmmm again! You're the smart one ... that's because you have the sense to take classes instead of just muttling through like me. Well, now Izzi is ringing the bell which means she needs to go out. I may be back to babble more later ... have a great day! And I'm pulling for Spring too ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Oh the sight of daffodils pushing up through the snow - a sure sign that winter is almost completely behind us now.
Your little guy is such a cutie taking a snooze in his little hoodie.

smiekeltje said...

It's the on and off weather suddenly long colds and snow, then one or two days warmer temps) that plays tricks with ut. No wonder lots of people have trouble with a cold!
Oh, weather here looks real nice, till you get out!
If the looks of the weather stay this way, but with about 10 degress warmer at the least, yes, then I could be happy with it LOL!
Take care stay warm,
Hug
Kyra