Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Think I Need A New Battery!

May 3, 2012

Good morning, and I hope you're seeing more sunshine than we are.  It's looking like we won't be seeing any sun for a while.  Now, I don't mind a couple of days of this stuff, but when the sun does not shine I have very little energy.  Some days it would be nice to be like the energizer bunny.  Just stuff in a new battery and zoom, zoom, zoom!

I have a question that maybe one of you can answer.  An occasion arose a while back to give a fun little gift.  A tiny little collectible that would have put a smile on someone's face.  I had fun doing it up just right, and before I got it wrapped I noticed a crack in the little thing.  (I can't say what it is because I might find another one just like it some day.)  Now my question is "Would you still give it away?"  It wasn't for a birthday or anything like that, just a "thinking of you" type of fun gift.

This week, I haven't really accomplished much of anything.  I did, however, finish my part of the new collab kit.  Now, I need to think of something nice for June.  If any of you needs a particular type of kit, just let us know. 

Today, I have to make a couple of calls to see about switching my Saturday night for another work night.  My babysitter won't be available that night.  The good thing is that he tries to give me a lot of advance notice. 

Yesterday's mail had a nice surprise.  The last of my  rebate checks arrived so now I just have to decide how to spend it.  Hmmmm.  Maybe I'll just cash them and put them in the bank.  Who knows?  Maybe they will grow into enough for a new lens?  One never knows!

With all this rain, I haven't been going out to take photos so I looked through some of Audrey's photos and found this one to share.  I think it is some type of Ibis, but I can't find it in any of my bird books.  If anyone knows the name of this beautiful bird, please let me know.


Now it's time to get dressed and start this new day.  I have procrastinated all week so now there are quite a few things that need to be done today, as tomorrow starts my work week again.  Maybe I should just hop on that broom of mine and go for a ride instead of sweeping the floors with it.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

About the little gift. Normally I wouldn;t give it away when it has a crack. But it's not for a special occasion, so I suppose it depends who you want to give it to. And in a little note you could explain, that although the gift isn;t perfect, you liked it so much and thought it was just perfect for that person. And a little sorry together with the "thinking of you"part, would make that person happy anyway.
I too have to do some stuff around here today, I was being a bit lazy too. LOL
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

Edna, I have always loved your raindrop photos! We have a gentle but steady rain tight now.

I can't tell you about the bird except that it's a gorgeous red bird! :)

Now the gift with the crack in it. Is it something the person collects? Was it bought new? If you find something perfect for a little gift at a thrift shop, I'd say go ahead and give it, like Kyra said, with a note. Same thing if it's something they collect. The though is way bigger than the crack.

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Pretty bird - not sure what it is but it sure is colorful. It feels good to be catching up on the blogs - I feel like I've been in a time warp!

Geri said...

You could take or send a copy of the bird photo to a zoo and they could ID it for you. I've done that successfully. Love the moon photos! I was sick in bed and missed it.