Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tulips, Tulips, Beautiful Tulips!

February 8, 2012

Good morning.  The weatherman says it is 18 degrees and sunny.  I agree on the 18, but the sun hasn't smiled on us yet.  There's hope though, because it's supposed to get up to 38 degrees later today.  I've been watching TV about the devastating weather all over Europe.  Gosh, I feel so bad.  They are having so much snow and ice and sub freezing temperatures.  Speaking of snow, we have a 30% chance of getting a little snow tonight. 

Time to change the subject!  I've also been watching the clearance sales on the shopping channel.  I would love to pick up a few of their beautiful summer clothes, but they never fit when they get here.  So today I saved a bunch of money!  My old clothes will be just fine.

I got an email saying that my new Nook has been shipped.  Now I can't wait to fill it with books and magazines.  You can also take out library e-books on your e-reader.  I think that's just fabulous!  Usually when I go on vacation, I take out a few library books to take with me, but then I have to be careful not to lose any of them.  Plus, I have to carry them back and forth.  This Nook will make taking books with me such a pleasure.

The other day, I stopped at Walgreen's (pharmacy store)  and they had a display of spring flowers in pots.  My Dee Dee loves tulips, so I picked up a pot of lavender tulips for each of us.  Mine will be planted in the garden when Spring gets here.  Here's a couple of photos that I took.  Aren't they just gorgeous?



I've been looking up a lot of shade loving plants for ideas for the shady parts of our yard.  I think I'm going to put together a batch of pictures and sit down with some of the dwarfs to see what they like the best.  I find that when I get some of them involved with things, they have more pride in how things look. 

Yesterday when I got home from work, I tried my best to stay awake and alert.  Eddie was going to be here doing a few things for me, and I figured my nap could wait until afternoon.  Well bad me!  I had a chill and curled up in the lounge chair with a furry blanket, and yup!  I dozed off.  As I started to wake up, Eddie was leaving.  Then I promptly fell back to sleep.  After supper, I fell asleep early, but then I was up before 6 a.m. this morning.  

Later today, I think I want to start planning what to pack for our vacation.  I also fill a box to mail ahead.  The box needs to be mailed out in about a week and a half so that it will be waiting at the resort for me.   Right now though, I'm watching Cash Cab on TV.  Wouldn't it be fun to have a ride in this cab?  Unfortunately, I would get so excited that my mind would go blank and I wouldn't be able to answer any of the questions.

That's it for this morning.  It's time to get dressed and maybe start some laundry.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Tulips are something I've never been able to enjoy because of the deer, but they sure are gorgeous.
My favorite shade plants are the Japanese painted ferns -they come in stunning combinations, are undemanding and nothing eats them. I had also started to plant some kind of yellowish forest grass (Hakoma?) It was just starting to form nice clumps and add some light to those dark spots.

Nani said...

It's been so warm this winter that David said there were already a few of my perennials starting to sprout! I' not worried. The crocuses are the first to come in and they are HEARTY flowers! The grow right through the snow,if there is any, so if we do get some, the crocuses should be okay. I'm tied of brown and good and ready for some green!

The tulips are beautiful! I have brights, but no soft color tulips. I love that lavender!

Since I'm still cleaning and not thinking spring vacation this year, unless David really pushes talking me into it, I'll get excited for vacation vicariously through you,Edna! Your Nook will definitively take a few pounds off your book bag!

I'll have to get some photos of those sprouts David saw. (I haven't seen them yet!

You have a wonderful day!!

Hugs, Nani