Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gearing Up For The Super Bowl Game

February 2, 2012

Good morning.  It's cloudy here in New England, and a bit cooler than yesterday.  The sun peeks out every now and then, so it's still quite nice.  The rain that was supposed to fall yesterday never did quite make it here, so it was a really gorgeous (59 degrees) day.  

Is everybody ready for Super Bowl Sunday?  The dwarfs are already planning on settling in Sunday night with some great snacks.  Of course, we are all routing for the New England Patriots.  I'm not really a football fan, but my whole family is so I try to keep up with the scores.  My sport is baseball.  In particular, Red Sox baseball.

Eddie did not get to finish the pantry ceiling yesterday because a few things came up.  Isn't that always the way when you make plans?  Not to fear though.  Today is another day, and he will be here soon.  I think the ceiling just needs a coat of paint to be done. 

You know, the new front door that Eddie put in for me last year was one of the best purchases that I have made.  For so many years, I've been used to very little outside light here because we only had a couple of old windows and they were both covered with plastic most of the time.  With the new windows, and the new door, I get so much light and I can see outside while I'm sitting on the sofa.  It's just wonderful.

We should have made these changes years ago, but hubby would rather spend the money on the main part of the house for the tenants.  Now that it's just me and Tootsie, I try to put us first once in a while.  It's good for the soul, and I can see better!  This Spring I have one more window here to replace, and I just might put a window in the bedroom.  Hmmm, I'll have to give that one more thought.

Today, I have some cute photos of the gulls at the park.  Two thirds of the pond has been frozen over, but the birds don't seem to mind the ice.  I imagine that after yesterday's  warm temps that there is a bit less ice there today.




I don't ever get tired of photographing the gulls.   Granted, they can be pesky but they are so graceful and beautiful, and willing to be photographed.   Just give them some food, and they will come right to you for some fabulous close ups.

That's about it for today.  I really should get busy here and get dressed.  Tomorrow is a work day, so I want to make the best of today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

Boy they sure don't need much ice to hold them up! Clouds on Groundhog day are good things, right? No sun, no shadow! hehehe

I am definitely a baseball gal too, but football is my #2 sport. I enjoy watching, but don't follow it like I do baseball. Maybe that's because I grew up in Detroit. When I got married I took David as my husband and the Patriots as my football team. I married up there!

I'll Leave you with this blessing my friend - if a groundhog walks across your yard today, may it NOT be when the sun is peeking out! :D

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I'd forgotten about Super Bowl, maybe I've just tried to blank it out. I suppose Left Brain will be all excited that day. It looks like there might be a movie in my future to get away.

smiekeltje said...

Oh, I'm jealous a bit of the temperatures you have at the moment.
It's a bit colder overhere.
Can understand your happiness with the windows and door. I had the same when we finally changed the doors to the garden.
I should replace the front window in the sitting room too, for a doulbe-glazed one, but it's too expensive at the moment for me. But, the window isn;t too bad, it can hold on several more years. We'll have to do with it.
Enjoy your day off
Hugs
Kyra