Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wonderful Surprises In My Mail Box

May 7, 2011

It's only 8:30 am, and the sun is shining.  Sad to say, the rain that was expected every day this past week amounted to only sprinkles here and there.  It wasn't really enough to water the gardens.  Thank goodness for hoses!!  And buckets!  There are a few plants that the hose cannot reach, so today we will buy another hose to attach and extend the reach.

All our bulbs and plants are in the ground.  Next we just have to wait for the seedlings to get a bit bigger so that they too can be planted outdoors.  While I am out this morning, I want to look for summer and fall blooming plants.

I also have to go back to the hospital again to pick up Tootsie's new meds.  We went yesterday but the doctor did not leave the prescription for us.  It's really sad when a doctor has the power and knowledge to change our lives, but not the time to have our meds ready when she says they need to be started.  It's okay for me to waste my time and gas running to the hospital to pick up meds that are not there, when her time is too precious to take a moment to write the prescription and give it to the pharmacist before she leaves for the weekend.  This is not the first time this doctor has done something like this.

To change the subject, have you noticed how beautiful all the different trees are lately?  There are so many colors that they paint an awesome picture!  One of my favorites is the magnolia tree.  Although their blooms do not last very long, they really are exquisite.  Here is a photo of one of the magnolia trees that I pass by on my way to work, and a closeup showing the beautiful blooms.



It's time now for me to get started on my day.  There are errands to run, and tonight it's back to work.  I'm hoping the deer are out in the fields across from work tonight so that I can play with my new 2x lens converter.  It came in the mail yesterday afternoon, and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. 

Also in the mail yesterday, were my new blog books.  Now I can't wait to get the last half of 2010 finished, and I will be all caught up with them.  For those interested, I use Blog2Print.  http://blogger.sharedbook.com/.
The cost depends on what you want printed, how many pages you have, and the type of cover you want.   I split my year in half because I have about 300 pages for each six months.  I have a lot of photos and scraps on my blog.  I have my books hard cover bound, plus I get a PDF copy.  My book, plus the PDF usually costs around $120.  

Now I really must get going here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Nani said...

As usual, Edna, your photos are great! I can't wait to see what you do with the new converter!

I still have to get my summer blooming bulbs and make time that David and I can get them planted. He likes the flowers but says he doesn't care which ones I pick to plant. I love that! I have some picked out that I'm going to see if I can find at the local home and garden store. I wish I could send you some rain. We've had a couple days this week with plenty of it. (That's good, becqause I'm not so dilligent about watering when God doesn't do it for me!)

Since it's a scrap-holiday today, my plans are read alittle, post a little and scrap away the rest of the day. You have a fantabulous day yourself!

Hugs, Nani