Saturday, January 10, 2009

Miss Meema Lady

January 9, 2008


I'm trying something new tonight. To put a little self-portrait here so that I can feel as though I'm sitting right here chatting with you. I have just spent two hours trying to get this little darling (Miss Meema Lady) to sit on a stool. This was the best I could do. I swear, there must be an easier way to do things. But she is a little darling. She comes from a kit I purchased from Digi Web Studio at http://digiwebstudio.com/. The kit is "School Staff Women." I also wrote and asked for, and received, permission to use her as my little mascot sort of person.
I have a goal for this year, to try to learn something new every week. Even If I miss a few weeks, I'll still learn a lot. So tonight, I'm trying to learn how to manipulate graphics to do what I want them to do. Unfortunately for me, this is not as easy to do as it looks. However, I did it. She might look smooshed up onto that stool, but she's up there!!

I got a distressing call this afternoon. My daughter, Dee, called to tell me that her Mother-in-law had just passed away. So I might miss a night or two this week, depending on what sort of arrangements are made. I have also put a lighted candle in the window for Miss Ginny to help light the way for her journey.

Yesterday, I received a beautiful award from Kyra. Thank you so much, Kyra, this means a lot to me.It doesn't come with any special rules, but I would like to pass it on to a couple a terrific ladies.
At Nani's, you can listen to wonderful stories and chit chat while you're enjoying a mug of coffee.
(p.s. Guess who just got married? Yup!! Davonna, best wishes to you and David.)
At Lady Shannon's blog, there is always some wonderful new freebie waiting for you to enjoy. Don't forget to stop a moment and leave a thank you.
Now, I think it's time for me to leave you and go play ball with Tootsie for a while. The snow has already started falling. We're supposed to be getting a ton of it tonight and tomorrow morning. Oh boy! Just what I wanted. Groan. Have a great night.
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: