Sunday, August 25, 2019

Where The Girls Are!

August 25, 2019

Good morning.  It's early, only 7 a.m. and the temperature is 53F degrees.  Today should be sunny with temps maybe getting as high as 70.  Wow!  Temps are really beginning to drop quickly.  I'm sure they'll warm up in the next few days, but Autumn is making itself felt.

Well, last night Deanne, Eddie and I went to the Paris Cabaret and had a fabulous time.  For dinner, we all ordered the prime rib.  It came with baked potato and green beans.  Yum! Yum!  I ate my tater and the green beans, but I only ate a small portion of my meat.  I brought the rest of it home for Pogo and me to share later today.

The show was really awesome, and I got lots of videos.  Deanne uploaded one of Jazzy's songs to FaceBook, so I'll share that one another day.  Today I have a couple songs that I thought you might enjoy.

Here's "I Want It All" by Erin, Jazzy and De.


Remember the Supremes?  Here is Jazzy, Erin and De singing their rendition of "Stop In The Name Of Love." 


I have more videos to share, but I'll try to spread them out over a few days.  Nothing like a little music with your morning blog reading. 

Next month, the Starliners will be performing "Carousel."  Jazzy won't be in that one because of her many school commitments, but Deanne, Eddie and I will be going to see it.  It's such a fun evening out that I don't want to miss any of the upcoming shows. 

When I got home last night, I checked out all the videos to make sure they all came out okay, then I tried to sleep.  I guess I was too excited to sleep because I only managed about a one hour nap.  After that, I was up and trying to copy all the videos from my phone over to my laptop.  It took me a while, but I managed to do it. 

By the time I finished this, Pogo was ready to eat his (last night's) supper.  Of course I got it for him.  While he ate, I enjoyed watching a few videos.  What can I say?  I'm a very proud grandma!  I love watching my granddaughter performing on stage.

Today, I will put the videos from last night's show on a new thumb drive and send it to Audrey so that she can enjoy the show too.  After that, I'm going to make a meat sauce to have with spaghetti.  I may have it for supper and save the prime rib for tomorrow.  We'll see.

Now, though, I think I'm going to fry up a couple eggs to have for breakfast along with a cinnamon and raisin English muffin and a cup of coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what a fun night! I know you had a smile on your face through it all! I am going to enjoy the videos over and over, thanks for sharing! I DO love some music with my coffee and blog reading:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Angelicastar said...

That is so great that you went out to the cabaret and had such a good time. If Jazz keep up the good work, instead of just local, she will eventually hit the big screen. She is so talented. She is started local and while she is young.

That prime rib, green beans and potato sound good. You are like me, I will eat everything else before I eat the meat. For some reason, I am not too much of a meat eater. I am doing better with it since my appetite is back. I had broccoli and left over meat loaf yesterday. I think I just might have the same thing today. I know I will have to cook the Broccoli because I ate it all yesterday. I l like your weather. It's still August for us (lol). I don't think I have ever experienced those temps you are experiencing even in October. My air is still blowing strong. I hope you and Pogo can sit outside and enjoy the low temp. Have a great day.

Laurel Wood said...

Hi Edna, That sounds like a delightful night. You should be very proud of your granddaughter. The videos were great fun. The food sounds delicious, too. I'm happy that Pogo gets his fair share!!! Wishing you sound sleep tonight. Mildred

Dogmom Diva said...

Sounds like a fabulous evening, Edna! I bet Pogo enjoyed that prime rib! Thanks for sharing!
Barb