Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Bits Of History

August 14, 2019

Good morning.  Oh my, today is going to be just scrumptious!  Temps in the upper seventies all day, sunshine and a breeze.  You just can't ask for more!  Well maybe you can.  I ate that tomato from Deanne's plant!  Was it yummy?  You betcha.  I made a BLT sandwich and put the tomato in it.  I still have a couple slices of it to have with my lunch today.

I'm still waiting for another burst of energy.  I didn't get very much done yesterday, but I did cook hamburgers for Pogo.  For some reason, I seem to have a sleepy day after every busy day.  It seems to work though, so I guess it's okay. 

Deanne came by before work yesterday and brought me a bowl of scrumpdillyicious.  Can you guess what it was?  It was spinach lasagna.  I cut it into four servings, and each serving only had 129 mgs  of sodium.  And, it was delicious!  I'll have to ask her if she can write down the recipe so that I can share it here with you.

I came across an ad for a new coin that I thought was rather interesting.  No, I'm not a coin collector, but this coin should hold interest for folks who love history.  It celebrates the birth of Baby Archie, born to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.  He is the first U.S. heir to the British throne. 


There's still a lot of summer left to enjoy, and I found this interesting tip for those of you who have a pool in your yard.  Did you know that one cup of peroxide per 100 gallons of water will keep the germs at bay in your pool?  Hmmm, I did not know that.  This is just one of the fun facts that I learn from watching "Common Sense" on the Game Channel on TV.

I also found something interesting inside one of my books.  I don't know why I put these ads in the book, but I'm kind of glad I did.  These ads show just how far we've come with our technology.  These are ads for a laptop and desktop computers.  Take note, they are talking megabytes, not gigabytes, and these are top of the line computers. 



Oh boy, oh boy!   The UPS truck just pulled up and my new cooktop was delivered to me.  Woo Hoo!  So that's my project for today.  I'm going to set up my new cooktop and try it out.  I'll have to take a photo once it is all set up. 

Now I'm just waiting for Pogo's meds to get here.  For some reason, the pharmacy and the doctor never did quite get together so the scripts did not get filled.  I made a couple phone calls, and finally the meds are on the way. 

I'm off now.  I'm anxious to set up my new cooktop.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Happy to hear you enjoyed the fresh tomato. Her lasagna sounds good, too. HOw nice to have some for later. That is interesting about the coin. I'm sorry Pogo's meds were delayed. I hope you will love your new cooktop. Let us know how it works out for you.
Have a nice afternoon and enjoy the cooler weather.

Angelicastar said...

It's still as hot here as ever. Boy, I wish I had your weather. For now but not your winters. (laughing)
Happy cooking.....I just made spaghetti and meat sauce. I always add my Cajun spices to the meat sauce and it's good or maybe I am just hungry. (lol) After I am getting better from chemo my appetite is coming back. I was getting afraid once because I didn't want to eat anything. I was only drinking ice tea. So I assume the chemo is working to make me feel good. That spinach lasagna sound good. My sister in Louisiana have been doing saute spinach. After all the good recipes I've heard bad news that Dole spinach had a recall because of s bacteria that is making people sick. But every day it seem to be something going on wrong with our food. I guess they think we can live on air burgers. I just enjoy my food and keep moving. Everyday it's something going on bad in this world.

No doctors are communicating the way they should these days. Ours or our pet doctors. When I get to the lab on Tuesday, this young lady tell me they requested the results days after I am suppose to see the kidney doctor. I told her I am not in the medical field and I doesn't know why and doesn't care anymore because I am tired of all the screw up. I am just doing what they requested. They act like they are on something that is messing with their minds. (lol) Maybe they are using all the medicine they are suppose to be giving us. (lol) Hope you and Pogo have a great day.

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi, the lasagna sounds delicious! Glad you are having nice weather, i live in Reno and its been warm here..
Im a longtime blogger who took a 7 year break. Finding my blog voice again..also, my friend from when we were 15 is Anne of Phamilyblog..love her, she was maid of honor at my wedding 42 years ago. Anyway, happy to be here..
Barb

My Tata's Cottage said...

The lasagna sounds so yummy! My sister Mary could always make the best lasagna and my sister-in-law Lucy too. Good stuff and we love the spinach ravioli too. If you get the recipe please share it. :-)
I am happy my friend Barb came over. Yeeeeaaaaaahhhh! Fun blogging! It is such a therapy for me with this tremendous loss.
My friend Christine use to say, we do not need to spend money on therapists, at work, the second shift back in the hospital days, we all vented to each other. Still venting today. The hubby has a couple days off, tomorrow and Monday so it will be nice.
Noelle and Roger are traveling to Taos, New Mexico with Colton and Jacey and Harrison. They are going to visit Noelle's friend Angela who recently moved there and bought her first home. She is an attorney and had been living and working in Albuquerque.One of the silliest friends I know is a New Mexico native ! She has kept me sane these past 12 days with her humor! Angela grew up here in Colorado, married a boy from Massachusetts and lived on Cape Cod. She lived near a cemetery where Paul Revere and a couple signers of the Declaration of Independence are buried.
Have a beautiful weekend.
HUGS and LOVE Anne